Rich in nutrients and low in fat, the mango is source of antioxidants containing vitamin Cand high in vitamin A. It is rich in malic acid, palmitic, and others, and also contains large amounts of antioxidants, which give the body defenses against degradation of the cells and thereby prevents aging.
Its fiber content has laxative properties, prevents constipation and helps reduce blood cholesterol levels, and helping to control blood sugar, anemia, infections, hypertension, cancer and so on. This food is very beneficial in cases of diabetes and overweight, and helps persons with heavy smokers. It also has diuretic effects thanks to the contribution of potassium.
Mango and Tofu Ceviche
Serves: 3-4 people
- 3 cups of diced tofu
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup of finely chopped cilantro and disinfected
- 3 chopped serrano chilies and deveined (optional )
- one or two ripe mangos or watery
- 7 lemons ( no yellow )
- 3 medium red tomatoes
- Oregano and bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons ofsesame
- Half a cup of soy sauce mixed with the juice of 3 lemons
- Olive oil
- Put the tofu to soak in soy sauce prepared with lemon
- Chop into small diced red tomato, cilantro, onion, chilies (optional) and mango.
- Place tofu in a bowl and add the lemon juice, put salt and oregano and bay leaf and a little olive oil. Let stand for within 5 minutes and finally add the remaining vegetables.
- This ceviche is an ideal gateway to accompany beer.
Vegetarian ham with mango sauce (Entrees)
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 pieces of vegetarian ham in thick slices
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 2 cups of mango juice or three semi – ripe mango smoothies in the blender with a little water and salt
- 2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 cup of water
- The flesh of a mango chopped into cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
To flavor the ham
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of ground dried thyme
- Juice of two lemons
- Sauté in oil onion, ham and all the ingredients for seasoning ham.
- In a pot, put oil to heat.
- Add sugar cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add ham seasoned gild everywhere about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let stand the ham trying to drain the excess oil.
- Meanwhile, put the peeled mango in blender and strain them to remove the strands.
- Add a pan mango juice and broth, bay leaf and parsley. It leads to boil and cook 15 minutes over high heat.
- Then, lower the heat to medium, cover, simmer about 15 minutes.
- Then add the cup of water and continue cooking about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Place the ham on each plate.
- Strain the sauce through a strainer.
- Pour sauce, add chopped mango and cook 1 or 2 minutes correcting the seasoning if necessary.
- Finally, bathe the ham with the sauce and garnish with mango slices and a sprig of parsley.
- You can serve with mashed potatoes or rice. Delicious.
Summer Salad with Mango (salad)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 5 leaves of lettuce
- 10 strawberries in slices
- 1 tangerine
- 1 orange
- 2 mangos sweet
- 5 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Chopped walnuts
- Raisins to taste
- Salt to taste
- A few drops of lemon
- Wash the lettuce leaves and split them into pieces by hand.
- Peel mango and cut into chunks
- Peel orange and cut into chunks
- Peel Tangerine and cut into chunks.
- Wash the strawberries and cut them into slices.
- Add the heavy cream to mayonnaise and add the lemon juice and whisk constantly to cut the cream.
- Add the sauce to the salad when it is ready to serve.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and raisins.
Smoothie of mango and ice cream (dessert)
- 3 sweet or ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 150m grams of cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of flavored gelatin dissolved in 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped mango
- Ice, if you like
- Mix in blender peeled mangoes, condensed milk , cream and jelly. Add ice if you like.
- Allow whisk until foaming.
- Serve in glasses adding some chopped mango
- Refrigerate for two hours serve cold.
Fresh mango with strawberries juice
- The semi-ripe pulp of two mangos
- One cup of strawberries
- The juice of one lemon
- Pinch of salt
- A pinch of chili powder (optional )
- One liter of pure water
- brown sugar to taste
- Mix all ingredients in blender.
- Serve cold especially in hot weather.
About the author