These fruits can be perfect companions or great main ingredients in our dishes. One of the most versatile fruits we can find this time and all year round are grapes.
Grapes are popular for their high antioxidant content, which prevents premature aging. Other popular effects can be found within their composition, such as protection against cardiovascular problems. Besides being a source of energy, they also help with digestive problems such as constipation. Try adding this sweet fruit to your cooking and enjoy its great benefits.
Pesto chicken with grapes
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 red onion
- ¼ cup of Basil Pesto
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup of red grapes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Salt and Pepper (Sufficient amount)
- 3 tbsp. of Olive oil
- Cut the chicken into cubes or thick strips and place on a tray.
- Add the chopped garlic and onion, sliced peppers, pesto and cheese.
- Cut the grapes in half to remove the seeds.
- Add the grapes to chicken seasoning with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 190 ° C for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve accompanied with pasta or a salad.
Rice with green grapes and coconut
- 1 cup of white rice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of green grapes
- ½ cup of grated coconut
- ½ cup of Coconut milk
- ½ onion
- Salt (Sufficient amount)
- 1 tbsp. of Butter or vegetable oil
- Chop the onion finely and cut the grapes in half.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and add the onion – saute until translucent.
- Add rice and saute for about 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the water, coconut milk and salt.
- Bring to the boil and lower the heat, simmering uncovered for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Mix the rice, grated coconut and grapes with a fork and serve.
Mascarpone cheese and grape balls
- 150 gr. of mascarpone cheese
- 150 gr. of cream cheese
- 1 cup of Green or red seedless grapes
- 1 tsp. of Lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of pepper
- 3 tbsp. of sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp. of Pistachios or walnuts
- 3 tbsp. of Bread Crumbs
- Mix mascarpone cheese with cream cheese – it should be fully integrated and have a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Add the lemon zest, salt and pepper to flavour the cheese.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until firm.
- Wash and clean the grapes.
- Take a grape and cover with the cheese mixture to form a ball.
- Top with walnuts, pistachios, sesame seeds or bread crumbs.
- Refrigerate again so that they solidify in the form of a ball.
Red grape Cake
- 1 cup of red Grapes
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. Of Lemon zest
- ¾ cup of Wheat flour
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. of Baking powder
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of vanilla Essence
- Mix oil with sugar until well blended.
- Add the egg little by little, making sure to mix very well.
- Add the lemon zest and vanilla essence.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Integrate into the egg mixture.
- Finally add the grapes.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured mold.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
About the author