Published: 12/14/2008 - Updated: 01/25/2017
Author: K. Laura Garcés G2 Comments
Orange is one of the favorite ingredients for the dishes of these times. Its flavor gives it a special touch to the dishes, making them look with a slight but irresistibly sweet taste. We selected six preparations of this time that we consider the most coveted in this day and are also very easy to do.
Orange beef (main dish)
Yield: two people
- 4 pork loin steaks (if you are vegetarian substitutes for vegetarian ham steaks)
- 1 onion
- 3 oranges
- 1 glass of wine
- Fry the four rump steaks (or vegetarian ham) and set aside.
- Fry the onions and when almost done, take four orange slices and fry a little on both sides, sprinkle with the juice of two oranges and cook a little.
- Take a glass of wine and before the alcohol evaporates completely add the fillets and cook for a few more moments.
- Serve with onion slices and sauce.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Oranges
- sugar (preferably brown)
- Ground cinnamon
- Place in a bowl 4 egg whites and beat until it is stiff.
- Then add the oranges and sugar until dissolved.
- Place ground cinnamon to taste better.
- 850 gr. of Monkfish
- 1 packet of fish stock
- 1 endive
- 300 gr. of Strawberry
- 60 gr. of Raspberries
- 90 gr. of Cherry
- 75 gr. of Currant
- 3 oranges
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 50 gr. of fresh ginger
For the sauce
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSyrup sap
- 1 fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp of raspberry vinegar
- 4 rations of hazelnut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the monkfish in a pan, sprinkle on fish broth and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and boil 10 minutes. Then refresh with fish broth removed from the fire.
- Drain on a cloth. Wash and remove the corner to strawberries, raspberries, cherries and currants.
- Cut, wash and drain the escarole.
- Peel the ginger, chop into thin slices and fry in olive oil.
- Prepare the sauce with the ingredients.
- Place the salad and the fish on individual plates decorating them with red fruits, orange slices and slices of ginger. Garnish with salsa and serve.
- A chicken pieces (or its equivalent in vegetarian meat)
- An envelope of onion soup
- Two glasses of fresh orange juice
- A glass of white wine
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan fry the marinated chicken that will have before with salt and pepper in olive oil, propped golden, add the onion soup over and move very well, taking care to prevent sticking.
- Add orange juice, if sour, add brown sugar until you like it.
- Stir well and let as well as 2 or 3 minutes after putting the white wine and let it consume a little.
Orange sorbet (dessert)
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALYerba Mate: Preparation, Properties and more
Serves: 4 people
- 129g of brown sugar
- 120 ml of water
- 4 large oranges
- Half a lemon
- 2 egg whites
- fresh mint leaves
- Put the sugar and water in a saucepan and heat over a low heat for 10 minutes. Cool
- Remove the top of the orange and remove the fruit, leaving the whole skin. Put away the skins and place in the freezer.
- Pass the orange fruit in blender, add the juice of half a lemon. Measure, and if it doesn’t reach the quarter-liter, add a little orange juice. Add to sugar mixture.
- Place in the freezer until frozen the edges. Then whisk very well.
- Beat the egg whites until they are like a cloud and mix with ice mix.
- Put back into the freezer until frozen (without letting it freeze too – it's important that you can remove and serve).
- Remove the sorbet, stir and put on previously frozen orange peels.
- Place the mint leaves and serve.
Orange custard (Dessert)
- Eggs: 4 units
- Sugar: 160 grams
- Orange juice: 400 Cc.
- Brown sugar: 200 grams
- Pour the sugar, reserving 2 tablespoons in a saucepan and put over low heat to caramelize.
- When sugar is liquid and blond color, put apart from the heat and pour into mold inside to use for the flan.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and mix with orange juice and two tablespoons of sugar previously separate. Blend everything very well trying to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- When the mixture is ready pour it into the mold and cover with some aluminum foil to keep water as it cooks.
- To cook the mold is inserted inside another larger bowl with water, put in the oven preheated to 170 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- If it is a large pudding take more than 1 hour to cook, while if it is small individual puddings will be ready in about 45 minutes.
- To know when the puddings are to the point you just have to shake very gently. If you move a lot and seem fluids is still lacking a little cooking, otherwise, if they have a gelatinous appearance and be ready.
About the author
Orange, my favorite fruit of all times, so juicy and delicious and with amazing properties to help the body maintain the high performance, especially because of the vitamin c, but I was wondering I even though you cook or freeze the orange it still maintains its properties? Or what happens? Just the flavor?
Oh my gosh! That orange custard sounds fantastic! I can’t believe there’s so many great recipes on here, and these definitely aren’t limited to just end of the year specialites, these would be great year round! I can’t wait to try them out!