Nature has provided all kinds of natural products that we can use to give our skin a golden and healthy tone; it also helps us to nourish our skin.
While in the market, there is a whole range of products for tanning our skin, many of these can be full of chemicals that can cause adverse skin reactions; however, you can get a healthy tan using ingredients found in your kitchen in most cases.
Importantly, none of the candidates are able to protect against the harmful effects of prolonged exposure to the sun, so I recommend respecting exposure times.
Perhaps you've already heard about the benefits that carrot does when tanning our skin, this is due to beta-carotene, a pigment that gives color to the skin.
However, it is not the only food with these properties; all foods rich in vitamin A are useful for this purpose, especially those of plant origin.
- 250 ml of carrot juice
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until a smooth paste.
- Store in a dark glass bottle and seal.
- Let stand in a cool place for 10 days.
- You can substitute olive oil for 4 tablespoons of wheat germ.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSyrup sap
- 1 leaf of aloe
- 20 drops of essential oil of coconut
- 10 tablespoons of wheat germ
- Cut an Aloe leaf and extract gelatinous pulp with a knife.
- Mix the pulp with coconut essential oil and wheat germ.
- Store in a dark glass bottle sealing.
Carrot and Coconut Lotion
- Carrot juice
- A few drops of pure coconut oil
Mix both ingredients until homogenized and let stand in the sun prior to application to the skin.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna Tattoo
Coconut oil has a nourishing and moisturizing value; you should use this lotion in light intensity peak hours to get a golden color without damage to the skin.
Rose Tanning Lotion
- ½ cup of liquid petrolatum
- 1 tablespoon of lanolin
- 3 tablespoons of rose oil
- Melt the lanolin and petroleum jelly over low heat.
- Once both have been integrated, incorporate rose oil.
- Stir to mix well all.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool.
- Place the mixture into a glass jar, tightly sealed.
Recommendations for use
- Whatever the preparation, shake well before applying.
- Keep these formulas in dark glass bottles hermetically sealed to prevent the ingredients get lost.
- To apply, take a small amount of the product and spread it in your hands, then use your hands to apply it on your skin.
- Do not forget that these components do not have sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun, so it is recommended not to overdo your sun exposure, or pre-tanning lotion, apply a sunscreen product.
Nutrients for healthy skin and a perfect tan
There are also foods that will help us to look a healthy, radiant skin and get a bright tan, and then these are some of the recommended nutrient intake for tanning.
- Vitamin A: helps in skin cell renewal, stimulates collagen production, and also favors a good tan.
- Vitamin B: Involved in cell regeneration processes and improves the condition of skin, hair and nails.
- Vitamin C: Known for its antioxidant, promotes collagen production, and helps reduce skin blemishes from sun exposure.
- Vitamin E: antioxidant, also reduces the effect of free radicals in summer increased by exposure to sunlight.
- Omega 3 and 6: fatty acids necessary to keep your skin hydrated and healthy
- Selenium: is another antioxidant, excellent, to combat free radicals generated in the body by pollution and stress.
- Zinc: Promotes wound and burns healing, and contributes to good skin, hair and nails.
About the author