Published: 05/13/2010 - Updated: 07/20/2016
Antioxidants have, among their many functions, the property to avoid wearing and the attack on cells by free radicals, they are an elixir to maintain and preserve youth and good health. There are many foods that contain antioxidants, among which are soybean, avocado, goji berries, pepper and cucumber, strawberries and blackberries, papaya and kiwi, grapes, and seaweed, all citrus, red tomatoes, seeds and whole grains.
Here we share some great recipes rich in antioxidants, so you do not miss this powerful potion of youth in your daily menu.
Goji Berries Salad
(recommended for breakfast, excellent source of nutrients, antioxidants and energy)
- 2 kiwis
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 orange into segments
- Rolled oatmeal
- Goji berries
- Cut fruit (except berries) into small pieces and stir.
- Add the seeds, rolled oats, goji berries, blackberries and sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle a pinch of rice molasses if you like. Avoid white sugar which is harmful to your health!
Oriental green soup
- 1 Celery
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 2 turnip
- Half onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Two strips of kombu seaweed
- A pinch of thyme
- Soak the kombu for 10 minutes.
- Cut all vegetables into pieces and put into pressure cooker with water according to amount of vegetables.
- Add algae in pieces.
- Cook ten minutes and remove from heat.
- When you can remove the lid, put it on a glass a bit of broth and blend a ¼ teaspoon of miso in a liter of soup.
- When it is well diluted, add the rest of the soup and mix.
- This soup can be taken with cut vegetables, mashed or strained as broth.
- Tip: It is important to remember that should not boil miso ever since it lost its enzymes.
Pasta with tomato and broccoli
- Whole wheat pasta, 300 grams
- Vegetarian ham, 50 grams
- 1 onion
- 2 pieces of broccoli, washed and disinfected
- Sea salt to taste
- Oil, 3 tablespoons
- Clove of garlic, 1 unit
- Chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon
- Tomato, 300 grams
- Green chillies to taste (recommended 2 or 3)
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Chop the ham and chili. Wash tomatoes, peel and chop. Wash the broccoli, drain and cut into florets.
- Heat oil in large skillet, add the ham, garlic, onion and parsley and sauté for 10 minutes. Add the tomato, chilli and broccoli. Salt and cook, not much, so they do not lose the properties of food.
- While the sauce is done, cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water, until al dente. Drain pasta, place in a serving dish and mix with the prepared sauce. Garnish with anchovy fillets.
- Well cooked white rice (must be a bit doughy)
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed
- 1 Avocado
- Wasabi (Japanese horseradish)
- Lightly toast nori seaweed to make it more digestible.
- Put on a kind of placemat or bamboo rolling mat (and is sold specifically for making sushi) but in case of need and if you already have a lot of practice could do without it or with a cloth napkin.
- On the seaweed, extend rice or paste in a thin layer covering only two-thirds of the algae.
- The filling is the most personal. In general, slightly smear top of rice with a little wasabi and avocado. Be aware that itches a lot.
- The center usually is filled with raw fish (salmon, tuna, etc.). But you can put whatever pleases you.
- The trickiest part is to roll the sushi. With the help of the mat, slowly roll it will but aggressively, to make it compact. Moisten with a few drops of water, the final part of the algae and that we will seal sticking or sushi. It must remain an elongated cylinder compact but well.
- Now with a sharp knife dipped in water, cut pieces of sushi about two or three inches wide.
- Once we have done and cut the sushi is ready to eat and, optionally, we can "dip" slightly in a sauce.
Ingredients (2 persons)
- 300 g of avocado pulp
- 2 cups of defatted chicken broth
- 2 cups of coconut water
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped (can substitute Tabasco sauce)
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 200 g. of unsweetened plain yogurt, preferably homemade
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh grated coconut or chopped
- Crush the avocado pulp with the help of the broth and coconut milk, add the pepper, coriander, and yogurt.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve this cold cream, with shredded coconut or chopped.