When you were a child, surely your mother told you that spinach was good for you. Spinach has two times more fiber than other vegetables. So when you want a salad to fill your stomach, choose spinach.
Spinach is a nutrition superstar, and a pretty good source of iron. It is full of vitamins and minerals, some of which are hard to find in other foods.
Like other dark greens, spinach is an excellent source of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that, among other things, may reduce the risk of developing cataracts. It fights heart disease and cancer.
Spinach and salmon Puddings
- 1 bunch of spinach (about 1 kg, washed)
- 220 grams of canned salmon, drained
- 100 gr. of Cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped chives
- 2 spoonful finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook spinach in boiling water or in the microwave.
- Choose the longer spinach leaves and use them to line four individual greased ramekins, about 1 cup (250 ml) of capacity.
- Leave some leaves to overflow.
To make the filling:
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALtepezcohuite-1
- Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the remaining spinach and chop finely. In a food processor or blender, blend the salmon, cottage cheese, chives, parsley and eggs to form a smooth paste.
- Add chopped spinach and season with pepper. Pour the dough onto the previously prepared ramekins. Fold the spinach leaves that overflow, covering the surface very well. Bake at 180 ° C for 30 minutes.
Spinach and cheese strudel
- 4 sheets fof puff pastry.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sesame
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 200 grams of mushrooms
- 1 bunch of spinach (about 1 kg), washed
- 250g of cottage cheese
- Aged cheese 100g
- 1 egg
- Freshly ground black pepper
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna: Natural Dyes
- In a pan with hot oil, fry the onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Throw in the mushrooms and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Drain spinach well and add them to the pan.
- Cook until spinach get dry and remove excess water. Add cheese, egg, and season with pepper.
- Add above two sheets of puff pastry and varnish the surface very lightly with oil. Place the two remaining sheets over and add oil too.
- Arrange the filling over the dough, leaving 2.5 cm on the edges. Roll the strudel like a Swiss roll. Place in baking dish and varnish or add oil lightly. Add sesame seeds and bake at 200 ° C for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- 1 bunch of spinach, washed, dried and without stems
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped ham (optional)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper
- Cut the spinach into small pieces and place in a dry pan ungreased. Reserve.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and gently fry the sweet onion until transparent. Add garlic and ham. Saute 1 minute. Pour the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add Parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Simmer about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the cream simmer, cook the spinach over medium-high temperature and saute until spinach is tender and release its water. Press out excess of water. Add the cream mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve hot.
About the author