Published: 03/25/2013 - Updated: 09/22/2018
Fiber is an important part of our diet, is found in plant foods such as grains, fruits and vegetables. Despite not being a food itself, fiber helps our digestion, and even prevents diseases, so it must be part of a healthy diet.
Recipes rich in fiber for a healthy diet
The following recipes are good examples of how to include fiber to our diet, and enjoy a delicious dish.
Homemade bread of brown rice
A high fiber good choice to accompany your meal.
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 3 cups of brown rice(already cooked)
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Rub your hands with flour and rice, and shred them.
- Add the oil, salt and a half cup of water, working all until dough is smooth and compact.
- Spread a mold or baking pan with a little oil, pour the dough and let it rest for about an hour.
- Cook the bread, with moderate temperature of the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Pasta with tomato
Refined pastas have low fiber intake, however, that may change, choosing whole versions without altering the taste.
- 120 grams of dry pasta (of your choice)
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes and pitted (can be cherry variety)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the olive oil, add the tomatoes with a little salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes begin to release their juice.
- Add basil.
- Add the cooked pasta al dente and mix and then serve it on plates, and sprinkle a little parmesan cheese.
- 150g of oats flakes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 ½ onions
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- Sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Finely chop the onion and cook a few drops of oil, spices and a pinch of salt until translucent.
- Put the oats in a bowl with the carrots, seeds, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Add onion when ready and let stand a few minutes all.
- Place baking paper on a tray, make patties with your hands and cook about 15 minutes at 160 ° C or until they look crisp.
- 3 cups of rye whole flour
- 1 cup of ground wheat
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 50g of bran wheat
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Sea salt
- Mix all ingredients until dough is elastic.
- Let stand for at least 6 hours to gain volume.
- Give the dough a desired shape.
- Spread with plenty of oil on a mold or baking dish, place the dough and cook at moderate oven until brown bread for 45 minutes.
Apple and pear salad
Fruits are rich and minerals, this salad is better combined with fresh ingredients to give it a distinct and palatable taste.
- ½ kilo of apples
- ½ kilo of sweet pears
- ¾ cup of yogurt
- A little brown sugar
- 1 can of cherry
- 200 grams of chopped walnuts
- Peel the apples and pears.
- Cut into cubes and add the lemon juice over for not turning brown
- Cut the slices of pineapple or kiwi, diced medium.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with brown sugar, add nuts and cherries. You can also serve the yogurt in a separate container, without mixing with fruit.