Published: 10/14/2008 - Updated: 03/11/2014
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
The potato contains a high nutritional value, plus it has the property of producing more calories than any other food. The potato is composed of : water, starch , minerals and vitamins such as B11 , B2 , B6 , A, C , H and K. Quite the opposite of what you think , potato does not produce fat . It has become famous for this because usually the potato is cooked with butter, oil or shortening , and these foods contain fat.
The potato is one of the most versatile foods when cooking. We selected this time very simple recipes but, as always, delicious .
Potatoes stuffed with vegetarian bacon
- 4 medium white potatoes , fresh and soft.
- Aluminum foil to wrap the potatoes
- Vegetarian Bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Wash thoroughly and drain potatoes .
- Cover potatoes with a little oil or butter on the shell.
- Cover the potatoes in foil and place in the oven .
- When cooked (when you put the fork and are soft ) take them out of the oven.
- Open some paper, make a cross with the knife and get a little potato .
- Put in the hole a little butter , cream and bacon.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put few more minutes in the oven and serve.
- 2 pounds of savanna potatoes .
- 1 tablet of vegetable broth or chicken broth .
- 6 scallions , frayed and cut into chunks .
- 4 red tomatoes , peeled and chopped large .
- 2 tablespoon of butter.
- 1 small cup of Cream .
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro .
- 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Salt to taste .
- Cook the potatoes with salt until soft .
- Besides , prepare a seasoning in a pan with butter, onion , tomatoes , broth tablet medium heat and sauté for five minutes.
- Add the cream, cilantro , grated cheese . Mix well and continue cooking until cheese melts.
- Check flavor and season if necessary.
- At serving time pour the stew over hot potatoes.
Potatoes with parsley garnish
- 4 medium white potatoes .
- 4 eggs .
- 113 gms . of bean , green beans .
- 4 small red tomatoes cut into quarters .
- 1 can of tuna 400 gms .
- 12 pitted black olives .
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALIndian Cooking Recipes to renovate your kitchen
- 4 tbsp. of white vinegar .
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. of mustard .
- 1/2 clove of crushed garlic .
- 2 tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley .
- Salt and black pepper grains.
- Boil eggs for 7 minutes.
- Then cool in cold water .
- Cook the beans in salted water for 4 minutes. Drain and cool under running water .
- Meanwhile , mix in a blender or food processor , tomatoes , tuna and olives. Remove the eggs hatch, cut them and attach them to the mix. Add beans .
- Prepare dressing ingredients and check them a little salt and pepper. Then fill each potato with the egg mixture , tuna , tomatoes, etc. . Sprinkle with dressing.
Potato gratin with soy chorizo
- 1/2kg of potatoes.
- 2 cups of veggie chorizo (or vegetarian ground beef and seasoned previously ) .
- 1/2 cup of milk.
- ½ cup of grated cheese .
- Pepper and salt.
- Peel potatoes and get into the pressure cooker with two fingers of water: 10 min .
- Mash with what you have on hand , but not with mixer, adding milk slowly until it is not too strong nor too liquid.
- Add pepper and salt.
- Pass it to a roaster oven and place it gracefully vegetarian sausage, covering the entire surface of the mash.
- Put in the oven at 180-200 ° C for about 15 min .
- Add grated cheese on top and broil 2 to 3 minutes .
- Serve with salad.
Cream of potato with cheese
Serves : 4 people
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALAll about the Glycemic Index
- 6 large potatoes , peeled and sliced
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons of grated cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes in the vegetable broth until tender .
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan and sauté the celery and onion , adding them to the pan with the broth and potatoes.
- When potatoes are done, cool slightly and pass it all through the blender along with the parsley until blended.
- Pour the mixture back to the pan , heat and add the milk, cheese , basil , garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Cook without allowing it to boil for eight minutes until cheese is well melted.
- Serve warm.
About the author
Delicious! And pretty easy to prepare too, It is so true that most people believe that potato is bad for the health because of the caloric intake but those are good calories for the body, and if you learn to use potato without oil or butter then you are gaining a great ingredient in the kitchen
I LOVE potatoes, and they’re so easy to grow in teh garden!! Thanks so much for the wonderful informatin. I will be trying these recipes out as soon as the potatoes are ready from the garden, but that shouldn’t be for a few months still.