Published: 12/08/2008 - Updated: 07/20/2017
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
This species is characterized by giving a very attractive golden hue to various dishes. In Southeast Asia this species is used in soups, sauces, salads, rice, lentils, fish, shellfish and crustaceans. It is one of the main ingredients for sauces such as garam masala, curry and chutney, in addition to the famous Worcestershire sauce.
Creamy Rice with spinach and squid
- olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Water, needed
- Two large garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- Half a kilo of squid
- Half onion, tender
- Two cups of fresh spinach and washed
- Half cup of flour
- half cup of evaporated milk
- 4 slices of vegetarian ham
- Black pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Wine to taste (optional)
- Peel the onion and cut vegetarian ham.
- Put a skillet on medium heat with a little oil and sauté onion quarter and ham.
- When it starts to brown add the flour and cook. Then add spinach until they soften.
- Add remaining ingredients except the cheese and let it be cooked a ten minutes.
- When is a kind of cake, empty in a refractory and sprinkle with cheese.
- Put in the oven a few minutes and serve.
Indonesian salad of fish with curry
- 300 gr. fish chopped and cooked
- 3 apples, peeled and cut into half moons
- 100 gr. of cut julienne cucumber
- Juice of one lemon
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Turmeric powder
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix all ingredients and place in a bowl.
- Decorate with apple slices sprinkled with paprika.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBurn fat
- 1 cup of vegetarian sausage.
- 4 large potatoes.
- 1 onion.
- 2 green peppers.
- 1 roasted red pepper (optional).
- 1 hot pepper (optional).
- 1 tablespoon of paprika or pepper.
- 2 bay leaves.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- A teaspoon of turmeric
- Water and salt.
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Chop onions and green peppers.
- Peel and chop the roasted peppers into strips and chop the sausage.
- Put in a clay pot (preferably), fire with olive oil, stir-fry onion, green pepper, sausage and bay leaves, add pepper if we are going to place and turmeric.
- Add paprika and cover with water.
- As soon as it starts to boil add the potatoes, allow 15 minutes, add the roasted peppers and eat warm.
Mushrooms and golden macaroni
- 1 kg of mushrooms
- Half a kilo of broccoli
- Two bags of macaroni
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna: Natural Dyes
- In a saucepan bring the mushrooms with water and cooking heat up.
- When they lost a good amount of water released, add the broccoli cut into pieces comfortable eating. When broken again to boil, lower heat to medium high and cover the pan for a few minutes.
- Then add the previously cooked macaroni with water, onion and oil. When a half of cooking, add half cup of cream and mix well until they are al dente.
- Mix everything well and finally season with a good stream of soy sauce, a generous amount of turmeric and salt to taste.
Cream of potato with turmeric
- 2 leeks
- 1 large onion
- 4 large potatoes
- milk (a bit of cream)
- water, salt and oil
- chives for garnish
- Peel the potatoes and chopped.
- Clean the leeks and onions and cut into thick slices.
- Combine everything in a pressure cooker and a large cup of water, cook about 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, add two large cups of milk, a little salt (to taste), turmeric and mash with the blender until a fine cream. If necessary, add a little water or milk. Consistency as you like, more or less thick.
- Garnish with fried bread.
About the author
Turmeric is a good option to make beautiful dishes without effort and giving a natural appearance to any type of preparation, that?s why I use it a lot especially in soups, I like the taste too, just the name is like a little bit disturbing I do not know why, haha
I’ve heard that turmeric is also an excellent anti-inflammatory, I wonder how these recipes affect conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and other joint diseases. It’s supposed to be a wonderful cure for sore spots on the body as well.