Sesame oil is extracted from cold-pressed sesame seeds and unrefined to have the benefit all of its properties. The better is the sesame oil first cold pressing.
Vegetarian Thai Curry
Recipe for six people, preparation time 30 – 60 minutes.
- 375g of broccoli, chopped
- 375g of parsnips, cut into 5cm long
- 15ml of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 150ml of water
- 2 branches of lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of ginger striped
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds, lightly toasted
- 15ml of sesame oil
- (approx 400ml) coconut milk
- 1 pineapple small, shelled and chopped (or 432g tin of pineapple in natural juice)
- Heat oven to 180 ° C, 350 ° F. Put the broccoli and parsnips on a baking sheet or in a dish. Add to the oil and sprinkle water and season to taste. Bake for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Put the lemon grass in a blender along with garlic, ginger, pepper, most of the cilantro, onion, cumin seed and cumin.
- Blend 30 seconds until everything is mixed well. Heat the sesame oil in a pan and fry the mixture for 1-2 minutes of pure on a medium heat.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Put the pineapple in a blender and blend until just liquefied, add the coconut mixture and season to your taste. Fully heat and serve over cooked vegetables and distillate.
- 1 / 2 kg of cooked chickpeas
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 generous tablespoon of sesame oil
- Put to fry the onion, when brown add the beans, bay leaves, paprika. Giving a tour. Add a little broth, chickpeas and fry until it is consumed.
- Grind and add the tajhima (sesame oil).
You can add a dash of lemon, ketchup …
Smoked salmon roll with ginseng
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 12 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 small root of ginseng
- 1 fresh cucumber
- red pepper
For sesame and soy sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of soybean paste
- 1 tbsp of chilli paste
- 2 tablespoons of sesame salt
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Cut the smoked salmon slices. Wash fresh ginseng with a brush and cut lengthwise into 3 parts.
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise into pieces of 1 cm.
- Cut all the vegetables into strips. Soak in ice water and drain. Place the cucumber, ginseng and vegetables in "Step 4" on a slice of smoked salmon and make rolls.
- Add the soybean paste, chilli paste, chopped garlic, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, white wine and sesame oil to ground sesame seeds and mix everything well to produce the sesame and soy sauce.
- Serve salmon rolls with sesame and soy sauce.
Quinoa and Sesame Salad
- 500grs of Quinoa
- 1 / 4 cup of lime or lemon juice
- 1 / 2 cup of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of clear sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped fine
- 8 small onions, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup of cilantro chopped fine
- 3 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds to sprinkle
- In a large pot, put quinoa and place 6 cups of cold water, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook at low heat until water evaporates and the quinoa is soft and slightly transparent, about 20 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour lemon juice and fluff the quinoa with a fork, add remaining ingredients except sesame seeds and mix well.
- Pour into a serving and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Pork into thin strips with pickled cabbage
- 350 grams of lean pork
- 100g of pickled cabbage, is sold canned called Ts'ai Hsueh
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of sugar
- 100g of canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 3 and 1 / 2 tablespoons of seeds oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
For the marinade:
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of water
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 / 4 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine or dry sherry *
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of egg white
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Dry the pork with a paper towel, cut into thin strips and place in a bowl. Mix well all the marinade ingredients and stir well with the pork strips, leave soaking for 45 minutes at the end of time add sesame oil, if using.
- Cut pickled cabbage, once drained, as well as bamboo shoots, in thin strips.
- Heat the wok with a good spoonful of oil and skip the cabbage and bamboo shoots to take some heat, stay the mixture away from heat, do not cool. With two tablespoons of oil in the wok, skip the meat until it is complete, something like 1 minute.
- At the end of sauté add the wine, as you mix the vegetables, either unify the whole.
- Pour the mixture into a source of service and spray with hot sesame oil.
- Serve hot.
About the author