Cardamom plant is a very knotty rhizome, perennial, from which numerous fleshy radicle sprout. From that place, large numbers of stems erect, up to 2 m in height, which are involved in the petioles of leaves. These are dark and the beam onto underside pale, sessile, lanceolate and entire; measured up to 60 cm long and covered by a discreet hair from the bottom, just below the tope. It blooms in April and May. Flowers are yellowish, alternate, solitary and with a short corner, have a lip color and open in succession as the clusters in which groups are expanded horizontally at ground level. Cardamom is the fruit of a three-sided oval capsule, the size of a small walnut, divided into three chambers that contain many seeds, they are cream colored and leathery, and are used in herbal medicine as in the culinary arts.
- 2 1/3 cups of chickpea flour
- 1/3 tbsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. of Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. of caraway seeds (German cumin)
- 1/3 – 1 1/2 tbsp. of crushed red chilli
- 1/3 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2/3 tbsp. of fresh dill
- 2/3 tbsp. of cumin powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño chilies
- 1/3 tbsp. of clove powder
- 1/3 tbsp. of cardamom powder
- 2/3 tbsp. of fennel seed
- 22 tbsp. of crushed mint leaves
- 1/2 tbsp. of salt
- 2/3 tbsp. of parsley
- 1/3 tbsp. of turmeric
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/3 tbsp. of ginger root, chopped
- 2/3 tbsp. of basil
- Blend onion, garlic, ginger and chilies in a cup of water. Mix the other ingredients around with cups of water to make a thick butter.
- Add to this mix that had liquefied. Fry in butter or ghee and cook like a pancake.
- Serve with yogurt. These amounts are 25-30 small pancakes.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients: (6 people)
- 3 cups of basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons of ghee (or oil)
- 1 grated onion
- 2 cloves of garlic cut
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 1 tbsp. of garam masala
- 1 handful of sultanas
- 3-4 cups water
- Heat the ghee or oil in a saucepan. Gently fry the onion until transparent (but not to brown).
- Add garlic, turmeric, cardamom pods and cloves and stir for one minute.
- Add rice and stir for 3 minutes. Add the garam masala, salt and sultanas, mix well and add water. Bring to the boil.
- Low fire. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Leave a few minutes before serving.
Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. of oil deal
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/8 tsp. of cloves
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 tsp. of ground cardamom seed
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Grind coconut
- Grind coconut in a Moulinex or a processor. Boil the milk until the cream has formed up. Mix all ingredients in a blender and make sure to include the white thread of the banana peel.
- Blend until consistent. Place it in a machine for making ice cream with ice and rock salt and beat until creamy and thick.
About the author