Published: 05/25/2010 - Updated: 01/06/2014
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
We believe in partnering with lettuce and salads, however, with this vegetable can be prepared a variety of dishes such as soups, seasonings, dressings, stews, juices, sauces, etc.. Lettuce also has many beneficial properties: soothing the nervous system, digestive and anesthetic properties, it has vitamins such as vitamin C, chlorophyll and other important minerals. It is useful in loss weight diets because of its high water content.
Simple salad of lettuce, low calorie
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive Oil
- Lemon to taste
- 1 fresh lettuce
- Mix all ingredients except lettuce to make dressing.
- Well wash and cut lettuce to taste.
- Bathe with the dressing and ready.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 300 gr. of fillet of sole
- 1 dl. of cream,
- 80 gr. of whipped cream
- 1 glass of white wine
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot
- 1 leek
- 270 gr. of butter
- 1 Lettuce
- Slice the fillets of sole, put them in the blender container with one whole egg, cream, salt and pepper and whisk until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous. Peel and chop shallots.
- Preheat oven to 180 º C.
- Spread 20 gr. of butter on a baking dish and spread the shallots over a tailspin.
- Form 30 piles with the mashed fish and put them on the source. Sprinkle with wine, cover with a sheet of foil, place the tray in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the vinegar in a pan and 3 tablespoons of water. Season, bring to a boil and wait until the liquid is reduced to one tablespoon. Put the pan in a water bath, add one tablespoon of water and egg yolks from the rest of the eggs and beat vigorously until the mixture is creamy.
- Remove pan from heat, but not the bath, and go slowly adding 200 gr. if butter, previously melted, stirring constantly. Add the whipped cream mixture carefully. Reserve this sauce in a bowl.
- Clean, wash and drain the lettuce and leeks. Cut the lettuce into strips and chop the leek. Sauté the leek in a pan, cut into the remaining butter.
- Add the shredded lettuce and cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Place lettuce on 6 saucers and each five snacks. Spread the sauce over and serve.
Lettuce roll with cheese
- 2 roman lettuces
- 300 g of mozzarella into cubes
- 2 red onions
- 200 g of light liquid cream
- 100 g of breadcrumbs
- Fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- salt and white pepper
- Butter for greasing
- Wash the lettuce under the tap. Cut the trunk and put a pan with a liter of water to boil. Cook the lettuces for two minutes and remove with a slotted spoon, letting them drain on a colander. When they are warm, squeeze with your hands to loosen any water.
- Cut the cheese into eight thick sticks, open lettuce lengthwise, season and form eight rolls, wrapping several sheets of cheese on a stick. Grease a baking dish with butter and place the rolls tight between them.
- Peel onions and cut into thin rings, in a pan with oil sauté onion, browning slightly over 10 minutes.
- In a ladle, boil the cream and remove from heat. Add a handful of finely chopped fresh basil and season lightly. Cover with the sauce lettuce and reserve. Mix sauteed onions and spread over the source. Place in preheated oven at 180 ° C leaving 15 minutes and finally browning five minutes, until golden brown crust formation. Serve hot garnished with a sprig of basil.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna: Natural Dyes
- 3 tablespoons of butter (30 g)
- 1 / 2 medium onion (90 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped (10 g)
- 6 cups of chopped lettuce (420 g)
- 3 cups of skim milk (720 ml)
- 1 cup of chicken broth (240 ml)
- Melt the butter in a pan and then put yellow onion and garlic.
- Add the lettuce to cook and season.
- Blend lettuce and sauté along with the broth, and pour the mixture into a pan and add the milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cream of lettuce
Ingredients (4 people)
- ¼ of of lettuce
- 2 knobs of butter
- 2 cups of broth prepared natural or a cube diluted in the same amount of hot water
- ½ cup of cooking cream
- 1 egg
- 1 large potato
- Wash and chop the lettuce and potatoes very thin.
- Melt butter in a pan and sauté for a minute or two of lettuce and potatoes.
- Add broth, cream, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the whole egg, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and serve.
Juice against insomnia
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBulgur Recipes
- Half lettuce
- A carrot
- A sprig of mint
- Molasses Rice
- Pass the vegetables through the juicer.
- Take this or blender with half a glass of water and molasses rice (this remedy is good for children)
- Drink at night before bed.
About the author
I thought that lettuce was only for prepare a variety of salad but it?s amazing to know that this ingredient can serve in a wide list of foods and even cooked! So I can?t wait to try one of these recipes, the lettuce snacks seem difficult to prepare but delicious so seem like a good choice, thanks a lot for showing me this!
I’m so glad you’ve written an article with recipes with lettuce, becaues I really think lettuce is one of the easiest vegetables to grow in one’s own home garden. This last year (I just recently got into gardening, within the past few years) I grew so much lettuce, and it was just amazing! I can’t wait for another year of wonderful greens!