Published: 05/01/2010 - Updated: 07/20/2017
Author: K. Laura Garcés G4 Comments
Heart diseases are closely linked to diets rich in saturated fats, which are a veritable time bomb for the health and welfare of the whole body. However, not all fats are enemies of the body which, in fact, needs fats and oils to perform essential functions, the brain and the heart are formed by layers of fat.
The body needs fats which are called unsaturated fats, which are derived mainly from plant products such as cold pressed oils, seeds, milk plants, blue fish, etc. The harmful products to the body are the fried sausages and fats of animal origin (milk, meat, etc.).
Here we share some recipes that are made with friend fats, ideal for anyone, especially for those who have heart, circulation, cellulite or skin problems.
Salmon with herbs
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 salmon slices
- 4 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
- 2 bouillon cubes with herbs
- Prepare a cream with butter and bouillon cube with herbs.
- Put the fish in the microwave with spoonfuls of dough on top, cover with cling film and put a 2 minute at maximum temperature.
- Look if it’s done, as depending on the thickness, it may need a little more time.
- Wash and peel potatoes, cut halved and sprinkled with coarse salt are also made in the microwave and smear the remaining butter.
Corn cream with almond milk
(makes 4 people)
- 4 corns tender and fresh
- 1 liter of almond milk
- 50 grams of cottage cheese
- 50 grams of liquid buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 80 grams of butter
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- little onion (small slice)
- cooking salt
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALRice: Intestinal Regulatory, Cardiovascular Health, Cancer Prevention and more
- Slice and cook the corn tender. Liquefy cooked corn with almond milk. Cook the small slice of onion with a bit of butter, without brown and add to milk with the corn in a blender, and the black pepper, add two tablespoons of yogurt and cheese.
- Liquefy everything together and cook in butter (40 grams).
- If you like more butter, you can increase the amount but not more than 20 grams.
- Now melt the butter, add to cast of corn puree and cook over medium heat, stirring always the cream for about 8-10 minutes, add two pinches of table salt. If the cream is too thick add a little more milk. At first boiling it off and go.
Wok of vegetables and vegetarian sausages
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice or grained
- 3 green onions cut into shields
- 1 cup of dragon's teeth
- 1 medium of squash, diced
- 1 grated carrot
- ½ cup of cooked corn kernels
- 1 piece of peeled ginger
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 vegetarian sausage cut into shields
- Cook rice with little salt. (You can use leftover rice from previous day). Reserve.
- In a wok skillet, brown sausage in a little oil. Remove and reserve. Add green onions and carrots with ginger piece. Browning a little, add the Italian squash, stirring constantly, add the corn.
- When all vegetables are "al dente", add the dragon's teeth and cook for 1 minute. Add rice (warmed in microwave), sausage and soy sauce. Stir well.
- Check seasoning and if necessary add a little soy sauce. Serve immediately.
Vegetables and brown rice burgers
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 125 grs. Of chopped almonds
- 1 / 4 kg of cooked brown rice
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- Bread crumbs to coat
- Oil for frying
- 1 package of cooked spinach
- 1 / 4 of cheese slices
- 1 package of special bread for hamburgers, integral (optional)
- Ketchup if you flip burgers with bread
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALEssential fatty acids
- Brown onions in oil and garlic. Remove from heat and add the almonds, cooked rice, carrots, parsley, soy sauce and seasonings. Mix with beaten egg.
- Form eight burgers, or more if you want smaller size, and cover with breadcrumbs. Fry burgers in oil, about 3 minutes on each side (the fire must be moderate). Place each burger on a bit of spinach and a few slices of cheese it. Browning in the oven and serve.
Soy meat stew
- 1 cup of soy meat
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 / 2 leek
- 1 / 2 Italian Squash
- 1 carrot cut into thick strips
- Celery into thick strips
- Sea salt and pepper
- Fresh Sage
- Soak the soy meat in hot water for half an hour and then drain.
- Fry the diced onion, add garlic, and tomatoes, finely chopped, sauté and add a little hot water, cook 5 minutes, add soy.
- Add chopped sage and cook for 10 minutes, add the chopped vegetables, bring to boil a bit, season, pour vinegar to taste and a pinch of brown sugar.
About the author
Well, I suffered a tragedy related to heart diseases, my father died last year because of all the fats in his heart and then there wasn?t anything we could do to stop this, so I learned that prevention is the best way to carry a normal and healthy life, surely, so try to include products that help the heart instead of causing it more pain
the burguers seem delicious and follow the tip of using healthy fats, which is a very improtant quest talking about nutrition…
the important thing is to have balance, and try new and healthy things
these recipes are not only delicious and healthy but they are vegetarian and that’s amazing! we can enjoy of them and try to have a vegetarian diet as well
I am a staunch opponenet of this fear of fats and oil. IN fact, I love that you wrote this article, because it really gets the information out there about the importance of having fats in your diet. My mom was definitely on board with the “no fat” diet, and now she has several gastro-intestinal problems and is almost chronically constipated