Published: 07/01/2012 - Updated: 09/02/2014
Author: S.M. Aiquipa2 Comments
How many times have we asked the same question: What do I cook now? The vast list of recipes and weekly menus become repetitions and unoriginal. To help break the routine I present two new recipes, rich, easy to prepare and healthy.
Spaghetti with Broccoli, Pecans and Ricotta, and Chicken salad with pecans. Write down and enjoy!
Spaghetti with Broccoli, Pecans and Ricotta
- 2/3 cups of chopped pecans
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 hand of chopped parsley
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200 gr. of ricotta cheese
- 400 gr. of spaghetti noodles (if you can replace it with whole grain noodles)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans on waxed paper and bake for about 8 minutes, stirring the paper occasionally, until they become more golden.
- Chop the broccoli and cut separating the stems of the bouquets. Heat oil in a wok, add the broccoli stalks and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, then add the broccoli florets and cook for another 5 minutes until smooth.
- Add garlic, parsley, lemon zest and pecans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium and place the ricotta and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- To cook the pasta, follow the instructions in the package. Drain well water and return pasta to the wok to keep it warm with sauce. Mix gently and serve immediately.
Chicken Salad with Pecans
Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 15 minutes / Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup of (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of cream (replace it with milk)
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil, extra
- 400 grams of chicken breast, chopped into cubes
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs of onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of (50 grams) toasted pecans
- 100 gr. of mixed lettuce
- 1 medium avocado (250 gr.) cut into slices
- 100 gr. of camembert cheese, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon of chopped green onion
- Combine olive oil, lemon, sugar, mustard, garlic and milk in a jug.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a wok or skillet. Sauté the chicken until brown. Add celery, onion and pecans.
- Place lettuce and put the mixture of chicken, avocado and cheese over.
- Serve with the dressing and green onions on top.
I hope you like these easy to do recipes, where we can eat healthy fats such as olive oil, avocado and pecans. We can take them at lunch in boxes during our jobs and schools for kids. Do not waste time and to prepare them away!
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSyrup sap
About the author
Nice recipes they really look delicious and healthy, that is the most important thing. Pecans are delicious but actually I never use them is salty food, I think it?s time to experiment a little and try new and exotic recipes like these ones. Thanks for the article.
One of hte best rules of thumb that I live by when cooking is that I cook fresh, recently harvested produce from my garden. This keeps my family healthy and strong, and I know that we are getting all the nutrition we need, with none of the chemicals of commercially harvested produce. This is the best.