Among the most nutritious and beneficial foods for health, the yogurt is clearly highlighted, this food is a probiotic that has many beneficial functions in the body. One of its most famous roles is to restore the intestinal flora, helps fight harmful bacteria and toxins that accumulate in the intestines.
Unfortunately, most of the industry yogurt lost benefits in the process of refining its powerful nutritional qualities, as being a final product prepared from milk with added fruit additives, colors and lots of sugar substitutes, so taking them is just useless.
Here are some recipes for you to prepare your own yogurt and also can prepare other dishes that we suggest here, take advantage of both medicinal and nutritional qualities.
Homemade Yogurt Recipe
Yield: 6 yogurts
- Whole milk: 1 liter
- Plain yogurt or skimmed: 1 unit
- Put the milk in a saucepan and heat up to 85-90 C degrees and maintain at this temperature for 5 minutes to avoid coming to the boil.
- Then allow to cool until it reaches 40-45 C degrees. It is important to conduct this entire process to ensure that they are live bacteria that could spoil the yoghurt
- When milk is lukewarm put in a glass or earthenware (not metal) and add two tablespoons of plain yogurt (preferably skimmed) and mix well to dissolve
- Cover up the container with a lid or a clean cloth (or a clean towel) and let it stand for 6 or 7 hours while maintaining the same temperature and preventing it cool
- After this time, the milk must be coagulated in a homogeneous way. Otherwise, if the milk is coagulated and little flavor is slightly acidic is that it lacks a little more rest. Re-cover well and let stand a couple of hours.
- When the yogurt is ready, it shows a softer lactic aroma typical of yogurt. Then put in the fridge and leave.
- 2 cups of soy milk
- 1 cup of soy Rennet when cut with lemon
- Sugar or sweetener or honey necessary
- Fresh fruit to choose
- In a glass or earthenware, never in steel or iron, mix the soy milk, rennet that have passed in a colander gently.
- Combine the two ingredients with wooden spoon and mix until a creamy mixture; add sugar or sweetener, fruit of the season or dried fruit.
- It is exquisite, very nutritious, it has the virtue that it doesn’t have fat, and is totally natural.
- Cow's milk
- Milk powder
- Mixed culture of Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus bulgaricus from the previous day
- Brown sugar
- Fruit of taste, mature
- Heat the whole milk at 90 º C, 5 minutes prior to the temperature 30 º C add the milk powder at 3% with the aim of increasing the solids.
- Then cool until it reaches a temperature of 40 to 45 º C at this temperature is added 2 to 3% of mixed culture and mix with milk cultivation.
- Then incubate in a water bath (warm water) at 44 ° C for about 2.5-4 hours, after this time will be observed that the milk is coagulated with the formation of a semi-dough consistency.
- Withdraw yogurt, coagulate and cool to less than 7 º C for a period of 8 to 24 hours without shaking the container that contains it.
- The next day, stir and add sugar, coloring, natural or artificial flavoring, chemical preservatives, if you want to get plain yogurt skip the previous step.
- Package in plastic and store in refrigerator temperatures preferably less than 7 º C.
Here are some recipes for you to enjoy yogurt, either from cow's milk or soy, lots from:
Lemon yogurt cake
- 2 cups of homemade yogurt prepared with the juice of 2 lemons and a little brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 cups of flour (with a measure of the yogurt)
- 4 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of sunflower oil
- Yeast 1 package
- a pinch of salt
- lemon zest
- Prepare a mold with butter and sprinkle with a little flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients being careful not to form lumps that is well beaten, turns around in the mold previously prepared. Then put in oven at a temperature of 175 º for 45 minutes.
Mango and Yogurt Ice Cream
- 5 pots of yogurt (whole milk)
- 350 ml of evaporated milk
- 2 cups of mango pieces
- 200 ml of liquid cream
- 250 grams of brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- In a small pot, add half the mango (1 cup) and 100 grams of sugar with a tablespoon of water, leaving very gentle heat to boil. Remove when it starts to thicken, before it is caramelized. Allow to cool.
- Dissolve starch in a bit of evaporated milk. When there are lumps, put in a warm pot to simmer the starch, the remaining milk, sugar and yolks, stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a blender, mix the yogurt, cream and the previous preparation (milk-sugar-starch) until a homogeneous mixture.
- Mix in a bowl the rest of the mango (1 cup) with the preparation before and lead to the refrigerator, stirring every 40 minutes until the ice is thick.
- Incorporate, unmixed, jam in step 1, so that they are layered, giving a good appearance in the ice cream.
- Tip: For best results, use a turbine to freeze the ice cream. To this, add the mixture to a blender and the rest of the fruit and remove this hard or when the turbine stops turning. Add the jam in the same manner as in step 5 when the ice cream is ready. If you do not have mango, you can use any fruit in season.
About the author