People suffering from gout should follow certain dietary indications for monitoring and combating this condition. It is necessary to eliminate from the diet purine-containing foods such as shellfish, sardines, tuna, soup, turkey, anchovies, etc. as they become uric acid in the body once they are metabolized. People should avoid the most animal fat and limiting protein foods like eggs, meats, etc. as well as peas, beans and lentils. People can eat without concern pasta, potatoes, rice, vegetables, fresh vegetable juices, herbal tea, etc.
- 8 cubes oftofu
- 4 cloves of garlic
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mirin (rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Pass the tofu cubes in breadcrumbs until they are fully covered, brown in hot oil and reserve on paper towels. Fry the garlic cloves cut in half lengthwise and reserve.
- To make the teriyaki sauce, heat soy sauce mixed with sugar and mirin (rice vinegar) in a skillet over medium heat. When the sauce is hot, incorporate it into the pan with the tofu cubes and fried garlic. Cook for a few minutes and serve.
Rice with vegetables
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 medium red pepper (or a whole if small)
- 1 medium green pepper (or a whole if small)
- A medium carrot (it's okay if large)
- A large zucchini (or two if small)
- A garlic leek
- Pitted olives
- Vegetables: Before lighting the fire, you should prepare the vegetables: peel and cut into thin slices four cloves of garlic, peel and chop onion, wash the peppers, zucchini, peel the carrots and wash leek carefully, separating leave by leave.
- Cover the bottom of the pileup with olive oil and heat quickly. As soon as the oil is hot lay the garlic cloves and rolling a few seconds for them begin to brown to oust then chopped onions. Stirring every minute, cut the peppers into strips and then dice and add.
- Always trying to remove the oil soak all vegetables well. Then add the carrots, cut into small pieces also. Cut zucchini into cubes not so small-about 1 cm. and add to the pileup, stirring every minute.
- Add the pitted olives cut in half.
- Rice: what remains is very similar to the preparation of a normal cooked rice. We must wait for the zucchini has taken a yellowish color and a semi-transparent texture. Then add the rice.
- For the amount of vegetables described is advisable to add three or four cups of rice (vessels of 250 cm ³) and for every cup of rice, a heaped teaspoon of salt and two cups of water. Stir after every cup of rice and throw after all the water glasses. Finally add the saffron on it.
- As with any cooked rice, the rice first, the pileup is submerged in boiling water. After a few minutes the rice absorbs all the water. That's when the pileup should cover, turn off heat, remove the pileup of the fire and let it sit at least 20 minutes.
Potato and carrot cake
- 1 / 2 Kilo of fresh potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of fresh cheese or tofu
- Sea salt
- 3 fresh carrots
- Cook potatoes and peel carrots, tender but not much. Bruise and add cheese, move and mix, then add the egg and stir well and puts salt to taste.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil.
- With a spoon, take a bit of potato and put in oil, with the turner to flatten the potato to form a pancake.
- Serve with tomato sauce and lettuce.
- 1500 gr. of pumpkin
- A pinch of butter
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 cups of water or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons offlour
- 1 egg yolk,
- Buttermilk cream or liquid, and nutmeg to serve.
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into pieces. Melt the butter in a frying pan and in it the pumpkin and onion for 10 minutes. Add the broth and continue cooking until pumpkin is tender. Allow to cool slightly and pass through a food mill with a little milk.
- Melt the remaining butter and mix with flour. Cook for 1 minute and add the mashed pumpkin.
- Add the remaining milk slowly and let simmer for 10 minutes. Season.
- Just before serving, add the yolks and place the pan into the fire, without reaching boiling.
- Serve with a spoonful of cream on top and a pinch of nutmeg.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon of chicken stock
- 1 bunch of spinach, washed and cooked
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 18 corn tortillas, passed over hot oil
- Heat the butter and cook flour until lightly browned, add water, evaporated milk, chicken stock and spinach, wait for it to cool a bit and blend, reserve.
- Besides, fill the tortillas with chicken, unremarkable sauce with spinach and serve, you can decorate with some chopped onion.
About the author