Lamb’s lettuces are small plants with many nutritional properties among which its digestive properties reinforce the vision and night vision as well as nails and hair, relax the nervous system and combat anemia, kidney problems, etc.
In the kitchen, it is used for salads, soups, broths, vegetable juices, rice, pasta, etc. Salad is usually accompanied by other vegetables and smooth vinaigrette; as if the dressing is strong the lamb’s lettuce flavor is lost. They also serve as decoration and garnish of dishes.
Here are some recipes you can prepare to get benefits of their properties
Lamb’s Lettuce and avocado Salad
- A bag of lamb’s lettuce
- Two avocados
- Parmesan cheese
- 3 mushrooms
- Half cup of olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- One clove of garlic, minced
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- Wash the lamb’s lettuce.
- Place in a salad bowl, cut the avocado into strips and place too.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut into slices. Add to the bowl. Finally, cut some thin slices of Parmesan cheese and put in the rest of the salad.
- Prepare the dressing. Mix oil, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper. Just before serving the salad, pour the dressing and move the ingredients for the dressing to penetrate the entire salad.
Lamb’s lettuce cream
- 400 g of lamb’s lettuce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 bottle of cooking cream
- 25 g of butter
- 1 egg
- Dissolve the stock cube in 400 ml (2 cups) of hot water. Wash and drain the lettuce.
- Sauté lettuce lightly with melted butter. Pour into a bowl, add the hot broth, cream and chop to obtain a thin cream.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, heat the cream to the boil while beating. Serve in bowls with chopped boiled egg and some chives.
Lamb’s lettuce Broth
Ingredients (4 people)
- 50 grams of pasta for soup
- 150 grams of spinach leaves
- A bunch of lamb’s lettuce
- 100 grams of onion
- 200 grams of pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash spinach and lettuce. Peel pumpkin and cut into small cubes.
- Boil the vegetables in 2 quarts of boiling water with a splash of olive oil, garlic and half the onion.
- Once cooked, (within half an hour boiling) take the pot from heat, remove the onion and introduce in the blender, grind the vegetables in the cooking broth.
- Once we have the vegetable broth with shredded vegetables, strain.
- Put the pan with the vegetable broth to the fire and when it begins to boil add the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Put a pinch of salt and pepper and it’s ready to eat.
- Serve hot.
Whole pasta with lamb’s lettuce
- 400 g of whole pasta
- 125 g of lamb’s lettuce
- 6 slices of bread (baguette)
- 4 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 dl of olive oil
- A few sprigs of basil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted water for 15 minutes. Wash the lettuce in cold water, drain and pat to dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Toast the bread slices until golden on both sides. Peel the shallots and garlic cloves and slice thinly. Whisk in a bowl with the sherry vinegar salt and pepper. Stir in balsamic vinegar and mix. Add olive oil gradually while beating. Add the chopped basil and mix. Reserve.
- Pass pasta under running cold water. Drain and mix with lettuce and chopped garlic and shallots. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve with slices of toasted bread.
Salad of Lamb’s lettuce with mustard
Ingredients (for one or two people)
- 2 handfuls of lamb’s lettuce
- One tablespoon of cooked brown rice
- One tablespoon of sliced black olives
- One tablespoon of corn
- 4-5 black olives
- A quarter of a tomato cut into small pieces
- A slice of onion to taste
- A teaspoon of mustard (don’t use a lot)
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- The juice of half a lemon and a splash of water
- Put the ingredients on a plate; add dressing and it’s ready to eat.
About the author