Published: 06/01/2009 - Updated: 09/06/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
The stones in the kidney are the result of sedimentation of minerals in the area, solid bodies formed by the aggregation of minerals in the upper urinary tract and kidney ureter; it is a condition that can become very painful especially when the stones are located in the ureter. It is a common health problem, currently about 4.6% of Spaniards suffer it.
- Desire to urinate frequently
- Pain or burning when urinating (renal colic) This is the most common way the disease is said, is the pain when a calculation is clear or breaks and is trapped in the urinary tract. When this prevents the flow of urine from the kidney to the bladder, the pressure within the urinary tract, which activates the nerve endings of the mucosa, causes pain. This is sudden pain (comes and goes) takeing place in the lumbar region, and if it is severe, radiates to the groin or the genitals.
- abdominal cramps
- Discomfort in the vulva or testicles
- Blood in urination
- Brown or red dry urine
What causes this condition?
- Crystals of calcium: this mineral combined with phosphorus or oxalates is one of the most frequent (80%) of formation of kidney stones. Diets with excessive consumption in dairy animal protein and oxalate, could cause the condition.
- Crystals of uric acid: formed by deposition of uric acid in the blood. Approximately 5% of cases are due to this cause.
- Amino acid crystals: these are the calculations with pain but less frequent.
- Some medications: can facilitate the production of calculations, some diuretics and antacids, you should inform your doctor about all medications that you use in case of kidney stones.
As always, nature has the cure for everything, just give the opportunity to act and the patience to follow certain directions that bring the body into balance and harmony needed.
Many times, if the size of the stone or calculus is very small, can be eliminated with the urine without causing symptoms, but is sufficient if the size is trapped in the ureters, the bladder or urethra. In either case, the following should be considered.
- Drinking water: especially in hot weather or after intense physical activity done. Water is essential to help dissolve stones. We need to drink between 3 to 4 liters of water per day natural (non-sweetened and no juices)
- Salt: reduce your intake of salty or very spicy foods.
- Food rich in oxalate: we must avoid or minimize foods like beets, tomatoes, turnip greens, purslane, spinach, the endive, the spinach, tea, cocoa, and so on.
- Diet: no dairy abuse, avoiding as much as possible products of animal protein like eggs, fish, cheeses, hams, etc.. Avoid sugary and refined products as well as alcohol which favor the elimination of calcium by the kidneys. Increasing the consumption of potatoes and grapes, and take in the morning (fasting) lemon juice dissolved in a half glass of warm water. Avoid radishes.
Phytotherapy to dissolve stones
Basil: Basil is very beneficial to help to expel stones in the kidney. The remedy is as follows: Dissolve one teaspoon of basil juice and honey in a cup, and take daily for six months. It has been found that stones can be expelled from the urinary tract by this treatment.
Heather: heather scrub is a Mediterranean climate, summer, autumn flowers between. It is used for its medicinal flowers and branches. It’s diuretic and is especially indicated against inflammation of the bladder or kidneys.
Tea Infusion of heather and mallow
This infusion is very effective to help prevent and dissolve kidney stones or colic.
- 1 handful of dried leaves of stonebreaker
- 1 handful of dried leaves of mallow
- 2 tablespoons of dry heather
- 1 liter of water
Boil all ingredients together over low heat about seven minutes. Let stand for ten minutes, and school. Drink a liter fasting every day for a week.
Fruits and vegetables suited to help dissolve stones
- CELERY: is excellent for preventing the formation of future stones. Eat salads that often contain this or that vegetable juices.
- APPLE: eating one, two or three apples a day is ideal to prevent and in some cases help to eliminate them.
- GRAPES: have an exceptional diuretic value on account of their high water content and potassium salts. The value of this fruit in kidney problems is accentuated because of its low content of chloride, albumin and sodium. The diet of the grape is an excellent cure for kidney stones.
- GRENADES: the seeds of this fruit are useful medicine for kidney stones. A big spoonful of seeds, ground into a fine paste, it is useful to dissolve kidney stones.
And last, if you want a complete cure and attack the problem from the root, one finds that the causes of energy that cause problems in the kidney are the critical constant, the disappointed and react to the whims and immaturity life.
About the author