This slightly spicy vegetable of very peculiar consistency, helps to reduce stress, is rich in sulfur, essential for skin and joints, helps fight chest infections and is a potent antibacterial. It is also rich in folic acid, vitamin C, beta carotene and fiber, essential for intestinal health.
In the kitchen, it can be used to prepare salads, soups, stews and more. Be sure to include it in your recipes of the week!
- 340 grams of vegetarian ham
- 10 leaves of cooked cabbage with water and salt (very slightly)
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 red peppers
- 1 cup of tomato paste
- Sauté garlic in oil, add onion, chopped tomatoes and diced vegetarian ham.
- Add tomato paste and sauté another few minutes. Then add the rice. Mix well. Place cabbage leaves on a plate and fill with this stew. Wrap rolls and bathe in tomato sauce. Eat immediately!
Cabbage and potato Soup
- 1 cabbage
- Two large onions (white or purple)
- A can of tomatoes, or two tomatoes peeled
- Two green peppers
- Two washed potatoes, diced
- A celery
- Lean meat broth, the amount needed to flavor a large pot of soup
- Pepper to taste
- Herbs varied (green)
- Six carrots
- Half cup of balsamic vinegar
- Once you have all the ingredients into the pot, either grated or chopped, cover with all the stock.
- Boil for about fifteen minutes, cover the pot and let it rest for a while.
- 1/2 cabbage of good size
- 5 medium carrots
- Yogurt Dressing
- Cream to taste
- Salt and vinegar to taste
- Wash and peel carrots.
- Grate cabbage and carrots and mix fine.
- Season with cream, mayonnaise, salt, vinegar and sugar to taste. And it’s ready.
- 1/2 kilo of cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
- 1 green pepper cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon of corn oil
- 30 grams of butter
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 pieces, seedless
- 1 egg
- 60 grams of grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Put oil in a saucepan and butter over low heat.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add cabbage and sauté for about five minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, two ounces of water and salt to taste.
- Reduce heat and cover the pan for 15 to 20 minutes until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little water if it dries.
- Add the raw egg and cheese and stir well.
- Cover the pan for 5 minutes.
Cabbage rolls with vegetables
- 240 g of cooked rice
- 1 cabbage
- 300 g of sieved tomatoes
- 100 ml of sherry
- 100 g of onion
- 100 g of carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 egg
- A handful of raw almonds peeled
- 1 slice of fried bread
- 100 g of flour
- 1/2 l of sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté the cooked rice with a little oil, add onion and carrot cut into very thin and cut the garlic as well. Cook a few minutes over low heat and add the sherry and tomato. Season with salt and pepper and pull out immediately.
- Mix with beaten egg and two tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- Choose the large cabbage leaves and boil in salted water for 3 minutes.
- Fill each cabbage leaf and roll with rice.
- Pass the rolls in flour by hand pressing for a secure fit. Fry them in oil.
- In a separate bowl mix the croutons with a little vegetable broth, add chopped almonds and go through the mixer (if it’s too thick, add a little more vegetable broth). Boil for 10 minutes.
- Introduce rolls and it's ready.
About the author