A Christmas holiday dinner is not complete without a tasty dessert, and a pie or cake is a great way to end the Christmas dinner. As this date is just around the corner, you cannot miss these recipes which are particularly simple and delicious way to prepare desser for a happy holiday meal.
- 150g of Butter
- 150g of Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 150g of Flour
- 1/4 tsp. of Baking Powder
- 50ml of Milk
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 5 tbsp. of Icing sugar
- 3 tbsp. of Orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and flour muffin molds.
- Wash and disinfect the oranges, grate them and extract the juice from the fruit. Reserve.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy and slightly change in colour.
- Add the orange zest into the mix and integrate well.
- Add the eggs little by little to prevent the preparation from separating. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture, alternating with milk.
- Pour into the previously greased muffin moulds.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Combine the orange juice with icing sugar to form a thin paste.
- Remove the muffins from their molds and cover with glaze.
Pineapple Up-side-Down Cake
- 300g of Butter
- 180g of Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 240ml of condensed milk
- 450g of Flour
- 1 tbsp. of Baking Powder
- 1 ½ cup of Pineapple juice
- 50g of brown sugar
- 5 Sliced pineapples in syrup
- 8 red cherries
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and flour a pan and place a circle of wax paper in the bottom.
- Place the pineapple slices in syrup on the waxed paper and then put the cherries in the center of the slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Sift the salt, baking powder and flour together.
- Cream the butter until the mixture goes spongey and slightly changes color.
- Add the egg piece by piece and incorporate completely.
- Add the condensed milk and continue to mix for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture forms a homogeneous mass.
- Add the dry mixture, alternating with the pineapple juice. If the preparation has become too thick add a little more lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- Bake at 180°C for about 30-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and remove from the mold, flip and serve with the pineapple on the top.
Sweet date bread
- 100g of Pitted dates organic
- 165g of warm water
- 1 tbsp. of Vanilla extract
- 85g of Icing sugar
- 250g of Flour
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 10g of Baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 85g of chopped walnuts
- 50g of butter
- If the dates have stones, remove them and then cut the fruit into quarters.
- Put the dates in a bowl and add warm water to soften them.
- Let the preparation cool and add vanilla and sugar.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a volcano shape and add the water with vanilla and dates.
- Add the egg piece by piece, then the chopped walnuts.
- Add the melted butter.
- Place the dough in a greased and floured mold.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 45 minutes and serve.
About the author