Published: 09/30/2008 - Updated: 09/20/2017
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
Goat cheese has a special flavor and is, among the cheeses , one of the most nutritious and beneficial to the body: it is digested in only twenty minutes (the beef in 2 or 3 hours) . It is extremely rich in fluorine, the element of beauty, which is essential for skin health and, among other things, provides solid tooth enamel. It is rich in iron, calcium, phosphorus, protein and potassium.
The goat cheese is used to craft a variety of food dishes, from salads to stews of all kinds. Here are five recipes that you will love.
Artichokes with Goat Cheese
- 8 artichokes
- 2 green onions or chives
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 g of goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- A knob of butter
- 1 lemon
- 4 or 5 chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Triangles of toasted bread or warm
- Chopped parsley for sprinkling
- Clean the artichokes by removing outer leaves and the first part of the stem , then cut lengthwise into slices and sprinkle with lemon, so it does not turn black . Peel and press the garlic in a mortar with oil and marinate the artichokes.
- Peel the onions and cut into very thin rings, stewing in a pan with a little oil and butter, Cover and then wait 15 minutes over low heat until they become transparent , salting lightly .
- Just before serving the dish, put a frying pan , when hot , grill artichokes , browning on both sides with a little salt . As they are made, place in a baking dish in a circle, in the middle above will onion and cheese.
- Toast the nuts in the same pan slightly, using the juice of onions off the heat and add the paprika , spreading the juice over the artichokes. Sear the grill a couple of minutes, accompanied by toast and sprinkle of parsley.
Salad with goat cheese
Serves : 4 people
- 4 thick slices of goat cheese on slices
- A bouquet of mixed lettuce .
- 1 red tomato.
- 1 red pepper .
- 1 green pepper .
- 1 onion .
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Cut into strips peeled onion, green pepper and red pepper washed and seeded .
- The peel garlic cloves and cut them into slices .
- Sauté the vegetable in a pan with a little olive oil and salt until the vegetables are soft.
- Wash lettuce, drain and reserve.
- Cook in a nonstick pan and oil hot slices of goat cheese until the surface is golden brown.
- It may be that dispose of the cheese and then form a toasted cheese layer in pan , then trim it this toasted cheese plate and carefully cut it in a circle that will be put on the hot cheese .
- Assemble the salad by placing a pile of peppers along with onions as a base, this vegetable placed over the slice of goat cheese and roasted hot on one side place the lettuce bouquet that we will combine at the time of serving the salad with a vinaigrette of olive oil, apple cider vinegar and salt.
- Along with seasoned lettuce introduce a slice of tomato to salad.
Spinach pie with goat cheese
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALTofu Recipes
- 1 block of 250 gr. Of frozen puff pastry .
- 500 gr . of fresh or frozen spinach .
- 2 onions
- Olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 50 gr. Of raisins.
- 2 slices of fresh goat cheese .
- 200 gr . of sausage .
- Thaw the dough at room temperature.
- Cook the spinach in salted water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain and chop.
- Peel the garlic and onions. Chop them finely and put them in a pan in which you have warmed up a few tablespoons of oil. Put and stir for a few minutes then the spinach .
- Season with salt and pepper , and cook about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat , move everything to a bowl and let cool .
- Add some chopped basil leaves, sausages, diced cheese and raisins , previously soaked in lukewarm water.
- Stir all ingredients mixing well . Roll to roll out the puff pastry and line a detachable type mold.
- Put up the whole mixture of spinach and cover with the remainder of the puff pastry . A good ground cover to the edges , moistening the pastry with a little water . With a fork , pierce the dough surface during cooking so that steam can escape .
- Bake the cake in the oven at 180 ° C. for 45 minutes. Eat warm .
Eggplant with Goat Cheese
- 1 kg of eggplant
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams of goat cheese in lumps
- 50 grams of brown sugar
- 50 grams of wheatflour
- 50 grams of bread crumbs or ground
- 2 cups of oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint
- pepper , cloves, cinnamon , nutmeg and salt
- Peel the eggplants.
- Peel and chop the onion from the eggplants in half lengthwise and cook in boiling salted water for 10m out and drain.
- Chop 2 eggplants and reserve in the other two a hole with a spoon, in a pan heat oil sauté onion , adding the chopped eggplant which has been emptied of the other , peppermint and two raw eggs and to remove over very slow when homogeneous dough forms, add the grated cheese bread and season with the rest of the spices and sugar fill the eggplants with this paste and go through egg and flour and fry in plenty of hot oil in a bowl put sugar and cinnamon.
Goat Cheese Enchiladas
- 20 omelets
- 1/2 kg . of bay bean
- 1/4 pint of heavy cream
- 1 cup of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of onion , finely chopped .
- 1 piece of onion .
- Oil for frying
- Water as needed.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALAzukis Recipes
- Soak the beans the night before.
- The next day cook in the same soaking water, adding the piece of onion , salt and very little oil.
- If necessary, to finish, cooking add boiling water.
- Once cooked the beans , remove the onion and grind in blender.
- Fry in hot oil , taking care that it is very thick sauce .
- The tortillas are passed by boiling oil, soaked in bean sauce and placed on a platter , folded in half .
- They added some sauce on top , sprinkle with the goat cheese and covered with cream.
- They are served hot.
About the author
The goat cheese seems pretty delicious and better than any other milk, I think I should include it more often but the taste is something that not everybody likes, and this is a complication when preparing for example a dinner for many people, but anyway thanks for the recipes
I LOVE goat cheese! In fact, I think it’s one of my favorite cheeses, and one of my neighbors has a pair of goats, maybe even three now. Thanks for the recipes, I’m very excited to try the enchiladas!! some of my favorite foods here!!