Published: 11/30/2012 - Updated: 11/15/2018
Author: Miriam Reyes6 Comments
Acne is a cosmetic problem that can affect us in different periods of our lives, even though it is not severe, it can leave permanent marks on our skin, and lower the self-esteem of the sufferer. Fortunately, there are several ways in which we can fight acne naturally, and look a healthier skin.
There are natural remedies you can use to get rid of acne, you may find the following recipe useful and practical:
- Boil for 20 minutes 5 romaine lettuce leaves in a pint of water.
- Then strain the preparation, and when it’s cold, put a cotton ball in the remaining liquid. With the solution, clean your face every day, in morning and before bedtime.
- Save the lotion in a closed jar in the refrigerator.
There is another way you can use herbs to treat acne. Prepare this spray to relieve it, while removing impurities and improving circulation.
- Heat 4 cups of water with a teaspoon of each of these leaves: Eucalyptus, lemon, cypress, juniper and thyme.
- When boiling, bring your face near the bowl and cover your head with a towel to retain steam. Be careful with this step, as the steam can be very hot.
- After 15 minutes wash your face with cold water and apply the appropriated moisturizer for your skin. Perform this procedure every 15 days.
Every third day, apply the following mask to exfoliate, clean and drain oily skin with acne, at any age:
- 1 tangerine
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of flour
Grate the whole tangerine skin, mix with yogurt and flour until you have a creamy texture, apply to the face, leave it on for 10 minutes and wash with warm water.
Home remedies for pimples
They like to appear in the chin and around the nose. To remove them, exfoliate with preparation of two tablespoons of plain yogurt and salt. Spread over your face in circular motions and after a minute wash with cold water. Do this once or twice a week, no more.
If a pimple appeared unexpectedly in your face, you can remove it with the following trick:
Take a piece of a loaf of white bread and soak it in two tablespoons of cold milk, fully impregnated. Rub over the blemish and let stand about 30 minutes, wash with water. Preferably, do it at night, to give time to react and see the results in the morning.
If you are looking for easy and effective treatment to take care of the pimples in your back, try a pear. Once a week, take some fruit and rub the entire back, giving circular massages for two minutes, wait 5 minutes and wash while bathing. You will feel the softness of your skin, and above all, this will avoid the appearance of those imperfections.
If your problem is the bumps in the neck and shoulders, there is a recipe to remove impurities that accumulate in these areas. You need:
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- ½ cup of milk
Mix the ingredients and apply on the areas to be treated, let dry and wash with cold water. Do it twice a week and you'll notice how gradually your skin get clean and pimples will stop appearing.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALTofu Recipes
Say NO to foods that cause acne
When you are in treatment for this skin problem, avoid eating: Meats, crackers and canned drinks because they contain large amounts of salt, fat and sugar, nor anything that causes inflammation, such as coffee and spicy food, they are very aggressive and has been shown that worsen and make the problem more noticeable.
- Swanson, D. L. Medlineplus, 2018. Acne Self-care. Medlineplus
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, 2018. Acne in-depth
- Cao, H., Yang, G., Wang, Y., Liu, J. P., Smith, C. A., Luo, H., & Liu, Y. (2015). Complementary therapies for acne vulgaris. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 1, CD009436.
- Dall’oglio, F., Tedeschi, A., Fabbrocini, G., Veraldi, S., Picardo, M., & Micali, G. (2015). Cosmetics for acne: indications and recommendations for an evidence-based approach. Giornale Italiano Di Dermatologia e Venereologia : Organo Ufficiale, Societa Italiana Di Dermatologia e Sifilografia, 150(1), 1–11.
- Gieler, U., Gieler, T., & Kupfer, J. P. (2015). Acne and quality of life – impact and management. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology : JEADV, 29 Suppl 4, 12–14.
- KOLLNER, W., & STEIN, J. (1955). Treatment of acne vulgaris with thymus extract. Dermatologische Wochenschrift, 132(49), 1279–1281.
- Li, Y., Xi, P., Wang, T., & Miao, M. S. (2017). Effect of Total Alkali in Leonuri Herba on rat ear acne model of serum IL-6 level, Thymus and Spleen Tissue Morphology. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, 24(3), 718–723.
About the author
My son has acne problems and I had them to as a teenager, it was really awful to wake up and see those imperfections in my face. I?m going to send this to my son and see if he can mix his problem. But if he doesn?t, he surely needs to see a doctor and maybe natural remedies are not enough. Anyway, nice article, thanks for the information.
that remedy looks a little bit hard for the skin if if is infested of acne, maybe the citrus can affect the skin or not? I actually feel like putting tangerine in my face can be very painful… but if you say it can work…
maybe it is time to try it and forget about the pain!
These are really great remedies! And wow, I wish I had read them justa few years back. When I was a teenager I used to really have a lot of acne. I still get blackheads, but not nearly as bad as before. They’re so hard to treat, but I was thinking Western medicine when I was going through it, home remedies are much better!
Great Post! Baking soda is also one among those natural remedy that effectively reduces the appearance of acne and pimples. It has antiseptic and has anti-fungal properties. Due to these properties it can help to deal with the bacteria causing acne.
Thanks for sharing such an informative article regarding acne removal. most of us faced this medical condition at some point in our life. It becomes easy to get of the problem when we find such valuable information. I think it will help many peoples who are having this issue.
I?ve been having pimples on my face since i was kid, I also use Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey which is also good for overnight treatmen results are effective but slow. Thanks for sharing this.