Published: 11/14/2007 - Updated: 11/15/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G1 Comments
Acne is considered a skin disease, characterized by small outbreaks of fat mainly on the face. This condition may occur more frequently during adolescence due to hormonal activity.
Proper diet to fight acne
We know that a diet high in consumption of saturated fat is what creates an effective environment for the proliferation of acne on the skin. A diet rich in fried products and canned meats greatly stimulates the activity of sebaceous glands, causing the rise of fat to the skin surface, where it accumulates and, unable to remove from the skin so quickly, because are too fat, there are blackheads, pimples and acne outbreaks.
Very strong diet?
An effective diet for acne is explained below. Remember that many times we think that if we do a little of what is suggested and we are helping a lot. However, many times the problem requires us to make decisions to really compelling to stop the problem, it is often hard, admittedly, leaving habits from day to day requires great determination, but above loving oneself. I think we have to do things always moved by the love of ourselves in this way is always much easier to carry out anything that benefits us, and although the "forcefulness" sometimes costs, it should never be stronger than our respect for our body. And if your body says I'm full of fat, help! What else to do than everything that is good. Love for the self is reflected in every part of our body and health.
- Remove any product that is fried, refined, animal-derived and: meat, milk, eggs, etc.
- In the morning and fasting, drink the juice of 2 lemons in half glass of warm water. Do not take anything for twenty minutes.
- Have breakfast of fruit, whole wheat bread, rye or amaranth, or oatmeal. If you get hungry at mid-morning, consume apples.
- During lunch and dinner you can eat whatever you like but always bearing in mind that you should not include food not allowed in each direction and including an extensive salad to eat raw vegetables: look for a good dressing and eat the most you can.
- It is allowed to consume olive oil cold pressed, nuts (walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc.) and whole grain bread and biscuits. If you can avoid refined sugar, better.
We talk about the methods of cleansing the skin to combat the disease of the skin. It is certainly more appropriate to keep the skin as clean as possible. Here are some very effective remedies for your face to get very clean and help to dry quickly to outbreaks of acne.
Boil a liter of water and dip a bunch of yarrow herb. Turn off and let stand about 5 minutes. Strain and drink half a liter at mornings fasting. In the other half liter, immerse a small towel. Apply the towel soaked in this solution as hot as you can on your face, do not hurt but feel pleasant warmth. As it cools, sit back soaking in the hot solution. Apply compresses during several days, especially at night and in the morning. You must follow this treatment for several weeks to see for yourself, it results.
If for some reason you do not have time to make the infusion and has a fat face, you can use a glass of mineral water and juice of a lemon, and with a cotton soaking in water, clean your face very gently, without scrubbing, with very slight taps. Do not rinse instantly, leave a few minutes and rinse. Then you can implement some of the natural creams that are explained below.
Creams and masks to fix outbreaks of acne
We need to clarify that we should not abuse of these masks. Apply moderately, always bearing in mind that acne comes mainly from feeding habit, hormonal and emotional issues. It is always preferable not to touch the outbreaks of acne and leave them dry by themselves when you start the new diet and the change in emotional attitude.
- If you have acne and dry skin or normal, try the following: wash a peach, remove the bone and put in blender. Add 2 tablespoons of pure natural honey. Get Benzoin tincture and add 4 drops. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil or almond oil and 2 drops of orange. Add an ounce of orange flower water. Blend or beat until mixture is spongy. If it is too thick, add a little orange flower water. Apply a bit of cream 2 or 3 times a week, when you finish, wash your face with mineral water and lemon.
- If you have very oily skin: put in a blender one cup of strawberries. Add a little beeswax (previously melted) 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil or coconut, a few drops of lemon. Beat well until the spongy and is very well integrated. Apply 2 or 3 times a week.
- Swanson, D. L. Medlineplus, 2018. Acne Self-care. Medlineplus
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, 2018. Acne in-depth
- Cao, H., Yang, G., Wang, Y., Liu, J. P., Smith, C. A., Luo, H., & Liu, Y. (2015). Complementary therapies for acne vulgaris. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 1, CD009436.
- Dall’oglio, F., Tedeschi, A., Fabbrocini, G., Veraldi, S., Picardo, M., & Micali, G. (2015). Cosmetics for acne: indications and recommendations for an evidence-based approach. Giornale Italiano Di Dermatologia e Venereologia : Organo Ufficiale, Societa Italiana Di Dermatologia e Sifilografia, 150(1), 1–11.
- Gieler, U., Gieler, T., & Kupfer, J. P. (2015). Acne and quality of life – impact and management. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology : JEADV, 29 Suppl 4, 12–14.
About the author
Excellent article! I like that it was very short and to the point. I have always preferred doing things “naturally”, as it just seems to make sense to do things this way. I’ve never really liked to use chemicals or expensive products for anything, hair, skin, nails, etc., so I’m excited to see some new natural suggestions!