If you are vegetarian and want to innovate new recipes that are quick to prepare and nutritious, we recommend the mushroom stew and a pea omelet.
Mushrooms are fungus rich in natural vitamin B, which helps to energy production and prevents skin aging and weakening of the nails. It is also a good agent to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL).
At the same time, it provides fewer calories, 25 per 100 grams. They can help you lose weight and for their contribution in fiber, will give you a feeling of fullness as you control your appetite.
On the other hand, the peas, just like the mushrooms, will help you in a healthy diet to keep away the weight gain. If you eat them fresh, energy intake is about 74 Kcal/100g, while if you consume them dry 317Kcal/100g.
The peas, like all legumes, are an important source of fiber. They contain two types of fiber: soluble and insoluble. Soluble fiber helps lower high cholesterol and blood sugar, while insoluble fiber helps to regulate the functioning of the intestines, preventing constipation.
Now that you know the benefits of both foods, I will teach you to prepare two delicious meals that you cannot stop doing. This first recipe is recommended by the nutritionist Pamela Garland, who has a prestigious blog about safe and nutritious food.
Ingredients (for 4-6 servings)
- 500 gr. of mushrooms
- 2 cup of peas
- 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 500 gr. of white potato in cubes
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALDelicious desserts with fruit
- In a skillet, heat up the butter or oil. Add onion and garlic and fry for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Clean the mushrooms well. Dry with a paper towel later. If the peas are frozen, soak in water. It is recommended to cook the peas separately and have them ready for the next step to prepare the dish faster.
- Add the ginger and cilantro and let cook for 1 minute, move and put the chili powder and salt. Then the mushrooms and potatoes. Mix well and put the 1/2 cup water.
- Cover the pan and let cook for 15 minutes. At this point, add the already cooked peas. Cover again and cook for another 15 minutes or until potatoes are ready. Serve warm!
Omelet with peas and carrots
- 2 cups of fresh peas, cooked
- 3 medium carrots
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of flour
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of corn oil or olive oil
- 2 cups of milk
- Salt, nutmeg, pepper
- 100g of grated cheese
- Put the 3 medium carrots to cook in a pan with hot water, once cooked, drain and cut into cubes and mix with the peas.
- Meanwhile in another container or oiled griddle dish of 24cm in diameter, bake it at moderate temperature to warm up as we continue with the preparation.
- In a blender mix the 4 eggs with 1/2 cup flour, 6 tablespoons of olive oil 2 cups of milk, salt, nutmeg, and pepper, blend and pour this mixture over the peas and carrots.
- Add 100g of grated cheese.
- Remove the baking dish and pour this preparation.
- Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until we notice that the surface is golden and pastry.
This meal has the advantage that can be eaten hot or cold.
About the author