Third article of recipes with Alga cochayuyo: Salad with sautéed cochayuyo, Macerado de Cochayuyo with Tofu and Olives, Seafood Rice, Couscous with vegetables and cochayuyo.
Salad with Sautéed cochayuyo
- Wash 1 cup of cochayuyo and place in a container, pour over it 2 cups of boiling water, cover and let stand about 20 or 30 minutes then drain and sauté, put in a skillet with oil and a little salt, for 10 or 20 minutes. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of water or broth. Add chopped garlic and parsley, chopped, leave a couple of minutes and set aside. Leave to cool slightly and add the corn. Wash vegetables and put on a lettuce leaf as a bed, can be sliced or whole, over put the cochayuyo and corn, and surround with pieces of tomato slices and shredded carrots.
Mash of Cochayuyo with Tofu and Olives
(Recipe developed by Angel Calvo "team Fane": Easy, delicious, nutritious and organic)
- 40 grams of cochayuyo algae
- 200 grs. Of smoked tofu
- 125 grs. Of black olive, and / or green but good quality
- 2 cloves garlic
- herbs to taste (basil, oregano, thyme), best fresh.
- 14 tablespoons of olive oil, organic cold-pressed
- optionally can also add a pinch of black pepper or half teaspoon of coffee, turmeric or paprika
- Before, leave alga cochayuyo to soak for 4 to 8 hours and cut into small pieces. Crush in the mortar with a clove of garlic with half the herbs, add oil and stir to mix well. Where appropriate, also add black pepper, turmeric and paprika.
- In a glass stopper that can be good, mix the tofu cut into small dice, put the algae and drained olives. Add above another clove of garlic, cut into very thin sheets, and other aromatic plants.
- Finally spray everything with a mixture of mortar, cover and let rest in a cool place at least four hours (best all night).
- This dish is a good incentive in a buffet of salads, especially if accompanied by a bit of toasted bread for dipping.
(Recipe from the book "Viatge nutritiu“ Isabel Celma and Montse L. Tolosana. Montflorit Ed. 1st Catalan edition: April 2005)
- 2 large cups of brown rice
- 4 cups of water
- 1 onion
- ½ green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes grated and mature
- 2 good handfuls of seaweed cochayuyo
- 2 tablespoons of seaweed iziki well filled
- Olive oil
- saffron (optional)
- In a large earthenware casserole or paella, put some oil and stir-fry the onion cut fine, the whole garlic cloves (with skin or can be peeled), and peppers cut into Small, thin strips. When it begins to be golden, add the seaweed cochayuyo and stir well after the grated tomato. Cook it a little. We will put the two large cups of rice, mix everything and then add four cups of water at room temperature. Leave covered at low heat. When water boils, add the seaweed iziki. Cook with the pan uncovered. If we like paella style, let it cook until it evaporates the water, whether we like more a little Rissotto, then we boil while stirring slowly and put out the fire before the end of the broth. In the two cases, let stand covered a few minutes. If we decide to put saffron, which gives an excellent taste, then we will do so in the last moments of cooking, we can also add chopped parsley.
Couscous with vegetables and cochayuyo
- 250g of couscous
- 40 g of cochayuyo
- 4 artichokes
- 4 large sprouts of cauliflower or broccoli
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup grated of tomatoes
- olive oil
- Wash the cochayuyo and leave aside while preparing vegetables. Peel and cut the artichokes, cut the carrot, zucchini and bell pepper to diced, cauliflower or broccoli with small twigs. Cut the onion fine and put in a sauté pan with oil, put cochayuyo along with some herb (thyme, oregano, basil …) and a pinch of pepper. For the ten minutes add the remaining vegetables and cook. Add the cup of chickpeas and tomatoes, cook about five minutes together. Add a little liquid (broth with vegetables, tomato juice, water…) if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat roast couscous very soft with a couple of whole garlic, for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid scorching.
- Put in a pot to boil the same volume of stock that we have used in couscous. Remove from heat the couscous and pour the broth over, let it stand until all liquid is absorbed. C
- We can mix in the casserole and let stand a little. In this way couscous takes the flavor of the stew.
About the author