Published: 03/22/2010 - Updated: 07/15/2016
Author: K. Laura Garcés G3 Comments
Osteoporosis is the result of decreased bone mass, which leads to a susceptibility to injuries such as broken bones, sprains, etc. The spine is the first to receive this weakening, so that one of the most common symptoms is back pain. An inadequate diet low in important vitamins and minerals like calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D may be one reason that lead to this condition, and the decline of estrogen at menopause or excessive diets containing animal protein, sugars (sodas, fine bakery, etc..), salt, etc.., diets that cause calcium excretion through the urine.
The diet to prevent osteoporosis should be rich in calcium and vitamin D, which is mainly produced from the sun's rays. Cow's milk should not be taken as it is high in unhealthy fats. It's best to drink vegetable milks; the almond contains twice as much calcium as cow's milk and is much more nutritious in every way.
Here we suggest some recipes to keep your bones strong and healthy.
Almonds and fruits smoothie (rich in calcium)
- Almond milk (or soy milk)
- A banana
- A piece of mango
- One tablespoon of sesame seeds, or honey
Blend all and drink without straining, slowly, small sips.
- 1 pitta bread
- Sliced tomato
- Buttermilk dry or curd
- 1 ripe avocado
- Medium onion, finely chopped
- Juice of one two lemons
- Sea salt to taste
- Olive Oil
- Basil to taste
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALTofu Recipes
- Cut pita bread in half (to fill).
- Add a splash of olive oil and rub the tops Buttermilk or cottage cheese.
- Peel the avocado and mix with lemon juice, salt, lemon and onion. Mix well and fill in the bread.
- Add all ingredients and then close the lids. Eat cold or warm. It is delicious and very nutritious.
Purslane balls soup
- 2 cups of purslane clean
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of whole wheat flakes
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- 200 g of panela cheese into small cubes
- ½ tbsp of nutmeg
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 kg of legs, wings and chicken heads (no tail)
- 2 allspice
- 2 cloves
- 1 pore
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 bunch of fresh sage
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 lt of water
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna: Natural Dyes
- 1 1 / 2 lt of fund bird
- 300 g of ground beef or chicken
- 3 egg whites
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ½ onion roasted
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into julienne
- 1 celery julienned
- ¼ onion, julienned
- 10 sprigs of parsley into sticks
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of fresh bay
- 1 bunch of fresh sage
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pasilla peppers, seeded and skin hydrated and clarified broth
- 4 bunches of fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley leaf
- Cut pore in half and opening forming a rectangle, put in bay, sage, thyme, pepper and cloves, and tie it with a strip of the same pore, reserve. Place chicken pieces in a large saucepan with carrot, celery, onion and the pore with the herbs, add water and bring the fire. When it starts boiling, lower the heat and remove the foam, let it cook for about 1 1 / 2 hours, correct seasoning, then remove from heat and let cool, strain and reserve.
- Clarified: In a bowl mix the meat, egg, onion julienne, celery, carrot, tomato and incorporate until well blended, pour into a large saucepan and add the substance at room temperature, grilled onions, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and leave to form a meatloaf, lower the heat to low, let boil gently for 2 hr. After this, cast, keep warm for serving time, reserve.
- Meatballs: In a bowl, mix all ingredients until well incorporated, make the meatballs and fry in a skillet with olive oil, place on absorbent paper. Almost before serving, put in the clarified broth.
- Oil: grind the pepper with the oil, drain and reserve.
Place in a soup bowl soup with balls, make a lath with pasilla pepper oil, to finish decorating with a little parsley.
- 1 cup of amaranth
- 1 cup of soy flour
- 4 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 handful of chopped fresh basil
- Cook the amaranth, in proportion to a measure of amaranth by two of water, allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix the soy flour, chopped mushrooms, basil, sesame, garlic and add a little salt.
- Add flour mixture and mix well with hands to form a homogeneous dough.
- Let stand about 10 minutes and then give the form of hamburger.
- Cook on griddle or skillet with little oil.
About the author
Delicious recipes, well one of them is something difficult to prepare but surely that means it is an amazing dish that can surprise everybody, however I?m not very good at cooking so to start I?m going to try something easier like the last recipes, and I like amaranth a lot too, which is perfect to protect my bones from this disease
I have heard that the thing with the calcium is that you don’t need to regain it but avoid losing it and that is why it is important to teach the children that they need to eat foods high in calcium to avoid the osteoporosis, well then, I dunno if you can stop this illness, so the best thing is to prevent
Thanks so much. osteoporosis runs in the family, and even though Im young, it’s never too early to start taking care of yourself preventitively. I am very acutely aware of the effects that osteoporosis can have on teh body, because it runs in my family, and I definitely don’t want to risk it myself.