The next February will house a new course within the project Organic Agriculture, Rural Employment Source (AEFER), which promotes the Spanish Society of Organic Agriculture (SEAE) cofinanced by the ESF under the 2007-2013 Program empleaverde Foundation Biodiversity.
The course aims to provide participating students' theoretical knowledge and experience gained by teachers (researchers, technicians, processors and farmers) SEAE members in carrying out their profession. The idea is to encourage the use of the various possibilities offered by Internet, which allows this access to information and training to people living in rural areas without timetables or displacement. The course enables a fluid relationship with the tutor and teacher, regularly updated and ongoing information. Besides, the student makes available more educational resources in the teaching-learning process.
The importance of training
The conversion to organic farming requires more knowledge of both the farmer and the technical advisor in the operation. It also requires management of natural resources and the interrelationships of the fallow system, supplemented by information from the market they are intended. The course arose from the need of stakeholders who often lack the time necessary for this type of training or can ot move to where the training activity is organized.
a) Get to know the principles, rationale, objectives and regulations of the AE
b) Identify AE techniques and analyze the challenges and potentials for development of organic production
c) Review of methods useful in supporting the process of conversion to organic production
Dates: February 15th to May 15th
Duration: 60 hours
Location: On Line Course. Estimated time 12 weeks
- Item 1. Problems of agriculture, definitions, principles and objectives of the AE.
- Item 2. The soil, a living thing, based on organic farming.
- Item 3. Fertilization in organic farming
- Item 4. Crop health, management and control of pests, diseases
- Item 5. Regulation of pests, diseases, viruses and adventitious
- Item 6. Water resource and biodiversity management. Cultivation practices
- Item 7. Livestock, beekeeping and organic aquaculture
- Item 8. Quality, consumption, processing and marketing organic
- Item 9. Regulatory inspection, control and certification.
- Item 10. Conversion to agriculture and livestock products and policies to support organic farming
- Item 11. Formulation of rural development projects and partnerships
- Item 12. Partnership and support for organic farming projects
Resources and Methodology
The course is divided into 12 topics with a duration of 5 hours each (60 hours) to develop in about 12 weeks. For each topic are available to participating students learning units of 2-3 pages per hour (Arial size 12 spacing 1.5). The time required is calculated by ¾ to 1 hour a day, 5 days a week. Organized group tutoring sessions online are made, 2 hours per 10 hours of virtual training.
Other course resources are:
- Agenda: Reports of major activities relating to the AE industry.
- Latest industry Space to read or share information present in AE recently
- Discussion Forum: We discuss issues of topical interest and the industry.
- The topics are developed by industry experts, structured with a theoretical content and a practical part that incorporates a test assessment of progress by subject. Different scenarios will be established to develop additional practical issues, such as developing an example of Operational Plan or Nutrient balance of a farm for the purpose of the student to demonstrate a more practical lesson learned in the course.
- Professionals and technicians, active farmers who want to train in agriculture and livestock production in the Autonomous Communities of Andalusia, Asturias, Galicia, Murcia and C. Valencia (areas covered by the project).
- Excluded staff, administration staff, employees of public companies or companies with more than 250 employees.
Complete the registration form.
For registration is necessary to provide supporting documentation to be listed, for example, copy last payroll, receipt of autonomous agricultural stamp and copy of ID card.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALtepezcohuite-1
Spanish Society of Organic Agriculture (SEAE)
PO 397. Edif ECA. Camí del Port s / n
46470 Catarroja (Valencia)
About the author