Published: 07/09/2010 - Updated: 02/24/2018
Author: Nayeli Reyes
Veganism is not only a style diet but a life philosophy based on respect for animals, so that, inter alia, their diet excludes all food that comes from the animal kingdom, such as eggs, meat and milk and all derivatives such as sausages, yogurt, milk, cheese, etc., due, among other things, to the lack of ethics that seeks to exploit animals for consumption.
However, the vegan diet is varied and has variety of ingredients that can produce all kinds of food. This time we present very practical ways to develop cheeses made from herbal ingredients such as seeds, vegetables, cereals, etc.
- 150 grams of raw cashews
- 350 ml. of Filtered water
- 4 tablespoons of yeast flakes (if celiac, change to soya lecithin)
- 3 tablespoons of white miso (Shiromiso)
- 3 tablespoons of sipped agar-agar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of oil to grease pan
- Heat the water and when it begins to boil, add the agar-agar, cook 30 seconds and turn away from the fire.
- Oil the pan where the cheese will coagulum.
- Put all the ingredients together with agar-agar water in a food processor and grind until the mixture is very fine.
- Pour into pan. If possible. let it cool overnight in the refrigerator, or at least 6 hours.
- NOTE: It is a cheese that melts well, good for sandwiches and snacks for children because of its delicate flavor and composition almost raw. It allows you to prepare salads, appetizers, breakfasts, lunches, and to melt on toast in the oven, vegetable pizzas or cakes.
- 50g of raw hazelnuts
- 50g of raw almonds
- 50g of raw nuts
- Raw cashew nut 50gr
- 5 tablespoons of agar agar flakes
- 1 liter of mineral water
- 500g of lupins (shelled and unsalted)
- 450ml of rice milk
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of herb salt
- Olive Oil
- Lupins are peeled and left in water a couple of hours. Better if you change the water two or three times to desalinate. In one cup, put olive oil, a bit of Tamari and 2 bay leaves to marinate.
- Grind finely with rice milk in a food processor and it incorporate the nuts until the mill is thick. Add the garlic, onion and nutmeg. Leave to stand.
- In a large saucepan, agar is dissolved in water and taken to boiling, lower to simmer and cook 4 to 5 min. Incorporate the mixture of lupin and merge with the agar agar.
- Vaporize a taper glass and pour oil mash mix to making it solid. Cool in the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- It is a delicious cheese for about 10 people and is a very interesting alternative to tofu.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- Bread crumbs or cornstarch
- Medium green pepper
- Smoked paprika
- A dash of port wine
- Virgin olive oil
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALJuice therapy against fungal skin
- Chop onion and pepper and put them to poach in a little oil.
- Wash and chop the eggplant (with skin) into small pieces and add to fried onions and peppers.
- Salt it and let it brown a little, adding paprika and port wine glass, and allow it to consume.
- Add the vegetable broth and let reduce.
- Let cool slightly, and put in the blender.
- If you notice that the cheese is very soft (thick), you can put bread crumbs or cornstarch to thicken, and whip until stiff.
- Spreadable cheese has to be cooled to room temperature, and recommend to serve on toasted homemade bread, and accompanied by a glass of wine or vermouth as an appetizer.
- 18 dried tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons of ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- The juice of half lemon
- 1 large of clove garlic, crushed in a mortar
- Water (as needed)
- Place tomatoes in a bowl with oil and let marinate for several hours (preferably overnight).
- Put in the blender the cup tomatoes with oil, crushed garlic and lemon juice, add a little warm water and stir everything together, adding more water if necessary.
- The amounts may vary up or down a tablespoon, correct the recipe while mixing.
- If it’s to liquid, add ground almonds.
- 250g of dried chestnuts
- 50 grams of soft tofu
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 6 tbsp. of yeast flakes
- 50 gr. of peeled lupins
- 50 gr. of macadamia nut
- 2 and 1 / 2 tablespoons of agar agar flakes
- 500 ml. of water
- 225 ml. of nut milk
- 3 sprigs with fennel flower
- 1 tablespoon of herbal salt
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALProperties and Uses of Gelatin and Grenetina
- Rehydrate the dried chestnuts overnight. Do the same with lupins but to remove the brine. The next day. cook about 25 min. with a little water (enough to coat a finger over them) with the sprigs of fennel (gives it a special sweetness to the nut). Put them into the food processor with the nut milk, tofu, oil and yeast. Strong beat and add the peeled lupins, macadamia nuts and herb salt. Beat again.
- In a pan, pour the agar agar in a pint of water and stir until it dissolves over medium heat. When it starts to boil, reduce heat and keep it boiling 2 to 3 min. Remove from heat and pour it over the mixture in the blender. Whisk again and pour the result into a mold. Let cool to solidify and place in the refrigerator 3 to 4 hours. It is better if done overnight.
About the author