Published: 09/30/2008 - Updated: 02/20/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
Yogurt is considered an essential food for health, because it is a product of the probiotic group, which contains several colonies of live microorganisms that have a positive influence on our body. The word probiotic is derived from Greek and means "for life". This refers to foods that are pure cultures, mixtures of active and viable microorganisms, which when consumed by humans or animals, provide beneficial effects, improving the health of the intestinal flora.
Health begins with the intestines
In natural medicine, we should know that if the intestine is healthy, the whole body is. And the yogurt is one of the most food-friendly, where the main health effects are:
- Improves, restores and heals the intestinal flora, its antimicrobial properties allow the evacuation of stomach contents, inhibiting undesirable microorganisms housed in the stomach.
- Maintains the normal intestinal flora and urogenital micro flora.
- Improves the nutritional value of food and resistance against pathogens.
- Performs in the individual's natural resistance to infections.
- Increases resistance to disease: the consumption of yogurt stimulates the immune system.
- Very useful for people suffering from diarrhea, constipation or gastrointestinal disorders.
- Helps in cases of cardiovascular disease.
- Prevents osteoporosis at any age (yogurt provides 70% of the total content of calcium in the diet, so that food becomes a rich natural source of calcium)
- Lactic bacteria yogurt increases number of immune functions, stimulating the antitumoral action, which delay (or prevent) the recurrence of cancer. A person who constantly takes natural yogurt reduces the risk of colon cancer and breast cancer, in addition to enhancing quality of life in people already suffering from it.
- It cleanses the intestines, reduces or disappears allergies caused by an intoxicated body.
- Helps in cases of anorexia and bulimia; its high content of calcium and protein high quality vitamins and carbohydrates, greatly restores the body's defenses.
- It is very useful for alcoholics, drug addicts or many people who have taken medicines . The yogurt in the diet is an almost mandatory in many institutions.
- Assistance to celiacs to heal the gut and absorb nutrients better.
- For intolerant to milk sugar, yogurt is a very beneficial.
- Prevents malnutrition and anemia .
Effects of yogurt in the beauty of the skin
If health begins in the intestines, we can say that beauty too. The yogurt is really good for healthy skin, thus keeping the intestines clean, they absorb and eliminate nutrients more efficiently, which is reflected immediately in the skin, which no longer serve as a second option for removing toxins and difficult to dislodge toxic waste, so you could say habitual consumption of homemade or organic yogurt of preference (the industrialized often brings a lot of sugar and refined flour) greatly promotes the youth and beauty general, as well as promoting a long and healthy life.
Yogurt not only has benefits in the skin when eaten frequently, but when applied directly on skin or hair as a mask. The yogurt serves as a disinfectant and refreshing addition to give freshness to the skin and looks really young.
Here we share two recipes for you to apply on your skin that are very effective not only to keep young, but to help heal various ailments such as acne, dryness and opacity. Remember that skin is not healthy from the outside but from inside, and one of the key points are your intestines and your kidneys.
Mask of Oats and Yogurt
Exfoliates, deeply cleanses and rejuvenates the skin.
- One cup of plain yogurt (without sugar)
- Two tablespoons of oat flakes
- One tablespoon of pure honey
Mask of yogurt and lemon
Helps to heal the wounds or sores, very useful for maintaining or helping to heal the scalp and keep hair healthy.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALWhat is Organic Agriculture?
- Juice of half lemon
- A teaspoon of olive oil
- One cup of plain yogurt with no sugar
- Mix ingredients (you can do it in a blender)
- Once ready, wash your face very well at night with mineral water before bedtime.
- Pick your hair and apply like a cream, do not pull your skin, preferably in a circular pat.
- If you do apply on your hair, give a gentle massage on the scalp and pull the cream to the top.
- Let there about twenty minutes and then rinse or take a bath.
- And do not forget to sleep well! good rest is the most beneficial for the skin.
About the author