Published: 06/08/2010 - Updated: 06/08/2017
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
Chronic renal failure is a disease of the kidneys in which these organs stop functioning properly. This condition can be described physiologically as a decrease in filtering the blood. There are many natural ways that can help prevent and heal this condition, however, one of the previous things that help the body regain its strength and harmony is to know and learn a little more about it.
The importance of the kidneys in the body
The kidneys are small excretory organs of vital importance to the welfare and balance the body. Human beings have two kidneys, each about the size of a closed fist, with the shape of a bean, are located in the back of the abdomen, one on each side of the spine (right rests just below the liver and the left below the diaphragm and adjacent to the spleen). Above each kidney is an adrenal gland.
The kidneys have important functions within the body among which include:
- They filter the blood circulatory system.
- Allow excretion through the urine, various metabolic wastes from the body (such as urea, creatinine, potassium and phosphorus) go through a complex system that includes mechanisms of filtration, reabsorption and excretion.
- The daily kidneys process about 200 quarts of blood to produce up to 2 liters of urine.
Symptoms of a weak kidney or malfunctioning
- Increased frequency of urination: When you have a kidney disorder, there is an increase in urination (urinating).
- Painful Urination: This is due to the load in the bladder.
- Emotional symptoms, you may be prone to depression and / or disappointment.
- In more severe cases, there are chronic fatigue and pale skin.
- Harmful eating habits as excess fatty foods, high consumption of refined sugar, or abuse of alcohol. These foods cause many toxins and putrefaction in the stomach, causing what is called internal fever, which is the buildup of heat due to fermentation of food and scrap mismatched. This concentration of heat and humidity may include urinary tract and kidneys, which can be affected severely.
- Low consumption of pure water.
- Drinking alcohol.
- Disappointment and not understanding of the emotional energy can severely affect the kidney.
Natural remedies and alternative therapies
- Food: of course, as often happens with any disease, it is essential to take into account eating in a healthy way. To treat kidney failure is essential to modify the food first. The key is to limit as much as possible in the consumption of animal protein as meat, eggs, milk, sausages, etc.., lowering salt consumption. Also, fried and fatty foods should be avoided, and definitely try to cancel the consumption of refined sugars such as sodas, candy, cakes, processed, etc. The most recommended are the vegetable juice or salad, honey, brown sugar and molasses, whole grains in place of refined flour (but not overuse these, using as little as possible), vegetable milks (almond, rice, oats, etc.) and using very little salt.
- Drinking enough pure water, two liters per day minimum, helps greatly to a healthy kidney.
- Avoid bad habits such as drinking alcohol, smoking, etc..
- Avoid coffee and spicy foods or irritants.
- Emotions: emotions influence significantly in all states of health. Check to see if you do not tend to be very critical (with yourself or others), or if you have saved feelings of disappointment or failure. Emotional immaturity, which is not knowing what to do with anger or take responsibility for the emotions are attitudes that can gradually weaken the kidneys.
- Chinese medicine for diseases of the kidney: From the perspective of Oriental medicine, kidney store most of human energy, is the basis of yin and yang, and organs that store the essence and the fire door of life. The condition in the kidneys can be treated with alternative therapies such as acupuncture, which helps regulate the temperature and energy in the kidneys to achieve energy balance.
- Reiki: Reiki treatment can help kidney restore its physiological functions.
- Bio-energy: bio-energetic treatment is an innovative and highly effective alternative to assess and treat most diseases, is a holistic therapy that addresses the health taking into account the human being from all energy perspectives: emotional, mental and physical.
- Phytotherapy: some herbal tea you can drink daily to help strengthen the kidneys are horsetail, goldenrod and grass root.
About the author