Yogurt is a probiotic food , i.e. contains several colonies with living microorganisms that beneficially affect our body, where one of its main advantages occur in the stomach , because due to its antimicrobial properties, cleans and inhibits proliferation of harmful bacteria, increases the body's defenses , and lactic acid content allows efficient evacuation of stomach contents, inhibiting undesirable microorganisms. The yogurt helps in positive feedback of the intestinal flora, provides a high amount of calcium and high quality protein, containing vitamins and carbohydrates.
In the kitchen, the yogurt is very versatile, and can be a very good companion to give a truly original touch meals. If you buy yogurt, always try to get of good quality, preferably organic.
Parsley Potatoes in yogurt sauce
For the potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes
- A few sprigs of chives
- Wholemeal flour ( the necessary )
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil for frying
For the yogurt sauce
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Parsley, well washed and finely chopped
- Wash the potatoes.
- Place a pan of salted water.
- Cook the potatoes whole with skin, for about 40 min . Approximately , or until cooked through .
- Once cooked , peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices.
- Roll each potato slice in beaten egg and then batter along with the flour.
- Fry the breaded potatoes in a pan with hot olive oil, until well browned .
- Remove them and place them on a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- SAUCE : To make the sauce in a bowl mix the yogurt with olive oil , lemon juice , salt and minced parsley until well blended all ingredients.
- To serve, place the potatoes well toasty on a platter and we toss the yogurt sauce on top.
Broccoli cream with yogurt
- 100 grams of potatoes .
- 100 grams of turnip.
- 100 grams of broccoli.
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt .
- Cook the potatoes together with the turnip for 15 minutes and washing add broccoli .
- Cook for 5 more minutes and beat until pureed . Cool and add the yogurt .
Vegetarian meatballs (or animal) in yogurt sauce
- 400g of vegetarian ground beef (or animal)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
For the yogurt sauce
- 1 Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic
- salt and sugar
- In a bowl mix the meat with egg, minced garlic , grated carrot , 1 small teaspoon of mustard , 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs , a pinch of cumin, salt and pepper.
- Form the meat into balls the size of a walnut or so.
- Roll in bread crumbs and fry until golden. Set aside on a plate covered with paper towels.
- YOGURT SAUCE: Add the finely chopped garlic yogurt , a teaspoon of oil , a pinch of pepper , another pinch of salt and sugar .
- Pour a little sauce over the meatballs and serve hot.
- 400 gr of semolina
- 1 liter of yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of condensed milk
- 200 grams of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- Half a glass of water
For the syrup
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- A glass of water
- The juice of half a lemon
- Mix all ingredients and let stand about 2 hours.
- Pour into a greased tray, the dough has to look like with about 2 ½ inches thick.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees and leave within an hour.
- SYRUP: Mix sugar, water and lemon . Let boil and then remove from heat when the syrup is fluffy.
- Let cool about 10 minutes and pour over basboussas dough, which will be pre-cut in a diamond shape.
Banana Yogurt snacks
- 4 Ripe bananas
- 100 Grams of flour ( or normal)
- 3 eggs
- 50g of brown sugar
- 1 Banana yogurt
- 1 On yeast
- 50 G of margarine
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- grated ginger
- To decorate: (Put in a bowl a little of each of the following ingredients and mix )
- brown sugar
- rolled oats, ground
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until they are whitish.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Add to eggs , bananas , butter , cinnamon , ginger and grind everything .
- Remove from the blender and transfer to a bowl. Gradually add the sifted flour through a sieve and yeast, mix everything until a creamy mixture , and finally add the egg whites until stiff, with encircling movements that we are not disassembled.
- Put the mixture in a greased with butter and flour, and leave it at 170 degrees and 40 minutes, depending on oven each time vary .
- Once ready , unmold and let cool.
- Cut the flower mold and add the oat mixture on top.
- Do not cover, and do not put in the fridge with the oat mixture , it gets wet .
- Do not put the cooked oatmeal until you go to consume.
- Put the cake on a plate, garnish with cinnamon stick , and decorate the dish with prepared oatmeal.
- With leftover, cut squares , put in a cup or plate in a children , and bathe with the preparation of sugar, oats and cinnamon.