Exercise burns calories and increases metabolism of the body for 24 to 48 hours. The important thing is to find a sport that you like and according to your lifestyle, you should do it regularly.
To lose weight successfully, you need to expend energy doing "aerobics", i.e. any activity that increases the body's oxygen consumption, thus exercising the heart and lungs. A good way to improve your aerobic fitness is to exercise for a while, to develop large muscles of the body.
You will find a convenient activity and also enjoyable, and you can keep it for 30 minutes or more, in constant motion. Start by exercising with caution and gradually increase the activity, as you gain enthusiasm and condition. Some people become more motivated when they go to a health club or gym, others prefer to wake up half an hour early and do exercises before anything else.
Be sure to choose the suitable exercise for your lifestyle and your physical condition. If you have any questions, consult your doctor before starting a vigorous exercise.
Include more activity into your life
- Walk instead of driving or taking the bus when you can.
- Use the stairs instead of taking the elevator.
- Use a stationary bike while watching TV or reading.
- Take the dog for a walk every day.
- Do the household chores with vigor and energy.
- Regularly, take a break at work to stretch the inactive muscles.
- When you party, stay as long as you can on the dance floor.
Fat versus muscle
Even though you do aerobics and diets, you may find that your weight doesn't low or maybe it's even more.
Keep in mind that the muscle is heavier than fat and and you are replacing fat for heavy muscles. You will notice the change in size.
It is preferable to weigh yourself just once a week, better look at the size or how you feel in your clothes.
It is impossible to remove fat from certain areas of the body, stomach, buttocks, thighs, if you only exercise those areas. The fat is distributed throughout the body, not only in the soft tissues, and therefore all ratios tend to remain the same.
The best way to lose a flabby stomach or large hips is eating less and / or aerobic exercising. Exercise does not necessarily involve parts of the body where there are problems, have you ever seen a marathon runner with fat in the belly?
With key exercises such as sit ups, fat can be burned quickly. Muscles get harder, but the fat is still there. You need to follow the diet and move the body to discard excess fat first. But if your muscles are just covered with fat, specific exercises can improve the figure of a particular muscle.
- Increases metabolism.
- Helps lower blood cholesterol.
- Helps lower blood pressure.
- Reduces glucose levels, and increases the effectiveness of insulin in diabetics.
- Increases muscle strength and joint flexibility, which helps fight osteoarthritis.
- Reduces the risk of bone fractures, and the development of osteoporosis in adult women.
- Improves sleep patterns.
- It can improve mild depression and stress, and increase confidence.