Wheat germ is the most nutritious part of wheat grain, which is rich in nutrients, is an extraordinary food applied in nutritional supplements because it has a very interesting combination of minerals and nutrients such as those listed below:
- It has very high protein content, three times larger than animal meat (fish, chicken, beef, etc.).
- Excellent source of vitamin E, one of the foods richest in this vitamin.
- A powerful antioxidant (the Vitamin E is an antioxidant), which is responsible for eliminating free radicals that damage, rust and age to the cells causing wrinkles and conditions of all kinds.
- After the yeast, it is the food that contains more folic acid (folic acid is an important vitamin in the daily diet as it comes along with vitamin B12 in many of the processes taking place in our body. Folic acid is recommended during pregnancy because it is essential for the formation of the nervous system of the fetus. The deficiency of this vitamin may affect the optimal development of the baby. In addition, folic acid is highly recommended for people suffering from depression, anemia, atherosclerosis, insomnia, osteoporosis, gingivitis, irritable, etc.).
- It has B vitamins, especially B1, B2 and B6.
- Rich in linoleic acid (vitamin F), which balances the body and facilitates the assimilation of fats, sugars and proteins.
- It has a great percentage of zinc, which mainly benefits our skin and is very important in several metabolic processes (helps control the growth, sexual development, wound healing, the proper maintenance of skin, hair, fingernails, it is known as the protein of beauty)
- Rich in minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, iron, trace elements, etc.
- It is high in enzymes, catalysts that control the chemical reactions of the body.
- It is a good source of fiber, helps bowel movement and to maintain its good performance.
It is one of the best nutritional supplements:
- To maintain nutritional balance in every person, it can be taken in capsule or sprinkled on fruit or yogurt, juice, smoothie or malting.
- During pregnancy, lactation and postpartum.
- After surgery.
- For athletes of all types or people with heavy physical work.
- To improve the appearance of nails, hair and all, it is an excellent complement to nourish the skin.
- It is used in natural treatments to combat atherosclerosis by its contribution of vitamin E that prevents the destruction of vitamin A, and is also essential for muscles, blood vessel walls and heart muscle. It is rich also in phospholipids, which help prevent cholesterol buildup in arteries.
- As an ideal supplement for people suffering from skin problems such as dermatitis, acne, dry skin, stained, etc. Two or three tablespoons of wheat germ help improve acne.
- A person suffering from insomnia, irritability, chronic fatigue, etc..
- Very good for treating anemia and help anorexics and bulimics.
- To prevent and fight osteoporosis.
- It’s great for children since it supports the processes of growth thanks to its high content of protein, vitamins and carbohydrates.
- For all the problems of the colon, intestines, constipation, diverticulitis, etc. It also prevents colon cancer because it cleans and maintains clean the intestines and normalizes intestinal transit
- In cases of intellectual fatigue or stress.
- Helps reduce blood sugar due to the contribution of magnesium and vitamin F, so it is recommended for diabetics.
- Helps balance and nourish the nervous system, it is a good supplement for people suffering from depression, fatigue or chronic fatigue, listlessness, anemia, or apathy.
- Helps you lose weight, since it is good to regulate metabolism.
You can get either in flaked, granulated, oil, beads or capsules. You should know that wheat flour, especially the refined, lacks all these qualities. The best form of consumption is sprinkled in salads, fruit, juices, etc. However, you can prepare tasty bakery and rich in fiber. Then you'll love this recipe.
Wheat germ and oats bread
- 250 grams of finewheat flour
- 150 grams of wheat germ
- 200 grams of oat flour
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
- Warm water
- Mix the flour into a bowl, add the yeast dissolved in warm water. Mix oil and salt, two tablespoons of warm water, add and mix a little flour and if necessary add more warm water to form a firm but not hard dough.
- Knead 10 minutes, flatten and put in the bowl, cover with a towel and let stand until it is double in size about 30 minutes or less, depending on the room temperature. When weighed, knead again only a little more.
- Place in a pudding mold that should be oiled lightly, cover and let stand another 30 minutes.
- Once weighed, then turn on the oven and bake over low heat for 30 or 40 minutes.
The best of Dietary
Products related with Wheat Germ
You have not found what you were looking for?