Published: 06/30/2011 - Updated: 10/21/2018
Watercress is a plant that grows fast along ditches, streams, canals, fountains and permanently flooded land. Its stems and leaves are edible and are used to make various dishes from salads to soups and others. Its flavor is reminiscent of mustard, slightly spicy but smooth, it is a plant that is good in any diet, a great help in slimming diets and to treat diabetes, tuberculosis, rheumatism, gout, and more.
Cream of Watercress
- 125 gr. of sunflower oil
- 1 kg. of chicken wings (optional)
- 1 kg. of onion into wedges
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves minced
- 100 gr. of white celery
- 400 gr. of white leek
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 gr. of thyme
- 2 fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon of white pepper in grain
- 6 gr. of salt
- 3.5 liters of water.
- 200 gr. of Swiss chard leaves
- 200 gr. of spinach leaves
- 75 gr. of Watercress leaves
- 6 liters of water
- 120 gr. of salt
- Clean the chicken wings, cut and discard the end, leaving only two distinct segments.
- Heat the oil and sauté chicken wings. It is important not to remove the wings once these are in direct contact with hot fat. Move them around. Once finished and sealed, sauté in live fire onion into wedges.
- When they start to look yellow, it's time to add the leek and celery, which should be cut finely. Sauté the garlic, unpeeled. Keep stir-frying for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the garrison, i.e. aromatic lemon peel, thyme, bay leaf and pepper; also some water. Add salt and pepper, and keep on high heat so that the bottom boils. Foam when the occasion requires, cook for 60 minutes over medium heat. Then leave the background infuse for 30 minutes. Then, pass through a fabric cloth.
- We are making the tint with green leaves (chard, spinach, watercress) that give color to the cream obviously apart. We will put plenty of salt water to boil for the English boiling of the leaves.
- Boil the leaves, and refresh in cold water and ice as they become a point of optimum cooking. Crush the leaves of spinach, watercress and chard, and later pass through a sieve. Drain excess water from the leaves, and once the natural color of the leaves get off, pass through a sieve or strainer. Recover all the dye as possible.
- To color the cream, mix with the dye and will stir. As its name implies, this cream should be served cold. It is advisable to serve it accompanied by stuffed zucchinis or quail eggs.
- 1 ½ cups of homemade yogurt without sugar and unflavored
- 3/4 cup of watercress leaves
- 1 tablespoon of dried dill
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/3 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend all ingredients and it’s ready.
Watercress salad with honey
- 1 bag of fresh watercress
- 100 grams of walnuts
- 50 grams of raisins
For vinaigrette of honey:
- 3 tablespoons ofolive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey (rosemary honey if possible)
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Prepare watercress, wash and drip well.
- Prepare the vinaigrette with honey, put the rosemary honey and vinegar in a bowl and mix it vigorously to dissolve the honey. Add the oil and stir well to emulsify the sauce.
- Put the watercress in a beautiful fountain, pour over nuts and raisins. Finally pour the honey vinaigrette.
Potatoes with Watercress
- Wash potatoes and boil in their skin until they are soft. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the broth concentrate (which can be prepared with bouillon cube) with four tbsp. of wine vinegar.
- Peel warm potatoes, cut into slices, add the broth and vinegar and let marinate for half an hour.
- Wash watercress sprigs, separate thick stems and let them drain in a colander. Peel and grate the horseradish and use the natural packaging. Cut the onion in thin slices.
- Prepare a vinaigrette with 3 tbsp. of the remaining vinegar, oil and salt. Pass watercress through this sauce quickly.
- Mix with remaining ingredients and serve. Join this salad with raw salmon.
Vegetarian Watercress Soup
- 2 bunches of watercress
- 2 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of wheat germ
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion over low heat until translucent.
- Add peeled potatoes and washed and chopped watercress without tails, moisten with broth and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and blend with the mixer, sprinkle the wheat germ and serve hot.
The best of Recipes with vegetables
You have not found what you were looking for?