Published: 12/19/2008 - Updated: 06/08/2017
Many women are concerned about maintaining their toned pecs to beautify their breasts. The men , for its part, sought to have a large chest , toned and tall . So now the topic of the chest muscles to give priority to the pectoralis is major because it gives us that.
The importance of the chest for men
Chest is one of the body parts that look more in men. With marked pectoral ensure a great success with women. Some people say that nothing is matched to a well-defined pecs and fully hardened.
An important issue is that we must not despair is the tone. It is believed that by working fast and perhaps only a couple of months we can do. But the truth is that it is virtually impossible to replace years of work with a couple of months of effort. However, we can better achieve with a few months of good use of the gym, performing certain exercises.
It’s necessary to know that when we do chest exercises also work other muscles besides the pectoralis. They also work the lower chest, the muscles of the arms and shoulders. In this way, when doing a routine chest is necessary to train the concentration and care in performance technique.
So if your idea is to get a chest that is large and is especially prominent, you will need to make a series of exercises just to achieve your purpose.
Before you start please note the following:
- The best way to achieve muscle mass is through basic movements, Choose 3 or 4 exercises and perform 3 or 4 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Always work all areas of the muscles by a variety of angles and movement exercises for a harmonious development.
- We recommend you take a aerobic (cardiovascular) job before to increase body temperature for the localized and specific work to stimulate. Try it for a duration between 15 to 20 minutes at a moderate intensity.
Exercise # 1: Closing pectoral (press)
Purpose: To strengthen the pectoral muscles.
Position: standing, legs wide open to the pelvis, knees unlocked, back straight, bend the arms at 90 º angled out to shoulder height and hands with two weights or weight segment.
Movement: collect the arms in the center, while the angle of 90 degrees. The action is open (to the shoulders) and close to the center.
Avoid: do not ever raise your arms above the line of the shoulders and wrists in line with the forearm.
Exercise No. 2: Side Elevation
Purpose: Action shoulders and pectoral muscles.
Position: standing, legs wide open to the pelvis, knees unlocked, elbows bent at an angle of 90 degrees and the hands of two small weights or the weight of the segment.
Movement: Start with arms at waist height to raise up to shoulder height and then return to the starting position.
Avoid: never to raise your arms above your shoulders.
Exercise No. 3: pectoral Floor
Purpose: action pectoral muscles.
Position: supine position, legs folded and open to the width of the pelvis and arms outstretched, but not entirely out, with both hands holding two dumbbells or weight of the segment.
Movement: starting position both hands together to open up to the height of a 90 ° angle arms.
Avoid: do not back off the ground and ensure that arms do not exceed the line of the shoulders and wrists in line with the forearms.
Exercise No. 4: Chest and Shoulders
Purpose: action pectoral muscles and shoulders.
Position: seated, legs folded and open to the width of the pelvis, soles of the feet well supported on the floor. The palms of the hands in contact, fingers on top and in front of our eyes and the back straight.
Movement: collect the arms in the center without losing the angle of 90 degrees. The action is open (to the shoulders) and close to the center.
Avoid: do not ever lift the arms above the shoulder line, creating excessive stress on the muscles trapeze, those in the base of the neck and not arch your back.
- Series : number of times you must run according to their physical capacity.
- Repetitions: number of executions being carried out in each series.
- Recovery Time: is the rest between each series.
- Work load: is the weight or resistance that is going to work or to stimulate muscle tone.
Considered degree of physical fitness:
- Beginner: 1 series, 8 to 10 repetitions, 30 seconds. rest without weight.
- Intermediate : 2 series, 10 to 12 repetitions, 30 seconds. rest, 1 kg load.
- Advanced : 2 series, 15 to 20 repetitions, 30 seconds. rest, 1.5 kg of cargo.