The spring rolls are popular, easy, tasty and nutritious. They can be produced in various shapes and filled with various ingredients, are practical, to take the lunch or a picnic, or to accompany soups or salads. Can be served with various sauces or dressings.
Traditional Spring rolls
The dough of the spring rolls is usually sold already prepared (in Oriental food stores or natural products), very thin sheets that are made with rice flour that are specific for spring rolls.
If we want we can make ourselves:
- Knead 100 g. of flour (with water, a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of oil) must be well light that can stretch well.
- We'll let the dough rest at least 30 minutes and then roll the dough stretched to the maximum.
- We can cut this sheet into four rectangles or base for spring rolls.
Vegetarian Spring rolls
- 250 g. of white cabbage
- 1 leek
- 1 medium onion
- 100 g. of mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons of soy sprouts
- 2 medium carrots
- Ginger powder
- Salt and pepper
- Soy sauce
- Wash vegetables and cut off in very thin strips
- Ideally, sauté in a wok, but also a pan can serve where we put little oil and sauté the vegetables a couple of minutes and rapid fire. They should be "al dente" or crunchy.
- Add the sprouts, a pinch of ginger, pepper and salt.
- Let cool on a plate of vegetables.
- Divide the vegetable filling on the rectangle or bases for spring rolls.
- Take care not to overfill because we need to roll up (like sushi).
- Before closing at all, moisten the end with a little water to close or seal the rolls, also seal the sides. Some people "paint" spring rolls with egg yolk.
- Fry in plenty of oil (preferably olive oil) until well browned and then drain with a cloth or kitchen paper. You can also make baked (no oil)
- We can serve alone or with a few drops of soy sauce on top.
Mini Vegetarian Spring rolls
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 150 grams of friedtofu (soy milk cheese)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- ¾ teaspoon of finely grated ginger
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 5 wide envelops to wrap spring rolls
- Oil for frying, as needed
- Put the mushrooms to soak in hot water by covering for 30 minutes. Drain and scrape out the excess liquid by squeezing gently. Removes the stems and chop caps finely. Cut the tofu into cubes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and move it to that extend through the base and sides. Add garlic, ginger, green onion, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms and tofu. Sauté for 5 minutes over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender. Add soy sauce and stir to mix. Let cool.
- Cut each wrap into four squares. While working with one of the square, keep the rest covered with a damp cloth. Place 2 teaspoons of filling on the wrapper and fold one corner over. Fold the two corners of the sides, then roll towards the last corner to get an elongated shape. Close the corner with a little water. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying and fry rolls, until browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with soy sauce in a small saucer or bowl, for dipping.
Carrot Spring Rolls
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSyrup sap
- 12 large sheets of Won Ton
- 1 / 4 cup of grated onion
- 1 / 2 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 / 4 cup of shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper grated
- 1 green pepper grated
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 cups of corn oil
- 6 tablespoons of sour sauce
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger with a tablespoon of corn oil.
- Add the carrots and peppers. Fry two minutes and add the cabbage, mushrooms, sesame oil (be careful not to overdo it because the flavor is very strong), lemon and soy.
- Simmer until the vegetables are al dente. Cool.
- Fill with the mixture prepared each leaf of won ton and roll up closing out the sides.
- Fry for 4 minutes in hot oil until golden brown and serve immediately accompanied with sweet and sour sauce.
Pumpkin Spring rolls
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry
- 100 g. of pumpkin
- 50 g. of chestnuts
- 100 g. of cabbage
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- Cut the pumpkin into pieces, chop the onion, red pepper, chestnuts and cabbage, and thaw the pastry.
- Extend the pastry on a floured surface, and make very finite rectangles. Then place the pumpkin on a rectangle, another onion and red pepper in another chestnuts and other cabbage.
- Now close the rectangles in the form of tissue so that they are tightly closed on all sides.
- Finally fry the rolls in hot oil and drain well.
Spring rolls in peanut sauce
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna Tattoo
For the sauce:
- 1 / 2 cup of chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 / 3 cup of peanut butter low in fat
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of chili paste
For the rolls:
- 57 grams of rice vermicelli (Asian noodles made from rice paste)
- 8 sheets of rice paper round (pasta with which coiled spring rolls) or 454 grams of lettuce leaves.
- 1 / 2 cup of basil leaves
- 1 cup of julienned cucumber skin
- 1 cup of julienne carrots
- 1 cup of roasted chicken with soy and ginger cut into julienne
- 1 / 2 cup of mint leaves
- In a hot nonstick skillet, add all sauce ingredients, cook over medium heat and stir until smooth, reserve.
- In a wok, cook the rice vermicelli, in a bowl of hot water dip the rice paper sheets until smooth.
- Remove and incorporate them one at a time, in a towel to dry, go filling, roll and fold the edges to finish. Serve peanut sauce in a bowl to accompany the rolls.
About the author