Published: 12/27/2009 - Updated: 01/20/2014
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
The soups in cold weather are one of the best dishes. Besides providing heat to the body, are a staple to keep it well fed, so that its development should take care that the ingredients used are top quality.
The following recipes are delicious and nutritionally complement any dish, perfect for vegetarian or vegan diets, but anyone who likes good food can enjoy. You cannot miss on your menu.
Chard, potato and tofu soup
- 2 bunches of spinach, washed and disinfected
- 2 cups of maize (corn) cob. If none, can substitute for previously cooked beans or peas
- 6 potatoes with skin, washed and cut into large squares
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic (or more if you like the taste of garlic)
- 150 gr, of soft tofu
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro or parsley (washed and disinfected)
- 5 tomatoes (red tomatoes), large and mature
- The juice of one juicy lemon
- Tamari, to taste
- Sea salt
- Boil the potatoes in cubes with a little sea salt.
- Cut the beets into strips along the vein.
- Stir-fry garlic, onion, salt, cilantro, corn (or beans), spinach and tomato.
- When potatoes are half cooked, add the sauce above, the lemon and tamari.
- Simmer until potatoes are to your liking, try not cook much, they are smooth but not pureed.
- Add the tofu to the soup and stir well.
- Turn off and let stand about 10 minutes so that season well.
- Serve hot.
Alfalfa and tortilla soup
- 20 corn tortillas
- 10 tomatoes (red tomatoes) large and mature
- 5 cups of water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 5 sprigs of epazote
- 3 sweet corn shelled (or chickpeas)
- 4 to 6 leaves of alfalfa
- Olive Oil
- Cut the tortillas into strips in the form of noodles and toast them with a little oil in a skillet. They should be well browned but not burned.
- Roast the tomatoes into the pan, without oil. If you wish, add a red pepper.
- Then Blend garlic, onion, tomato and pepper if desired.
- Boil the sauce for 3 minutes without oil, add sea salt to taste and then take the water to add flavor. Allow to boil and lower heat.
- Add the shelled corn and simmer another five minutes. Add alfalfa and simmer another few minutes.
- Let stand half an hour.
- When served hot, is when to add the tortilla strips, not before it was reverted. Garnish with cream or liquid Buttermilk, avocado and minced onion.
Alfalfa sprout soup
- 1 cup of alfalfa sprouts
- 1 / 2 cup of celery
- 1 cup of chopped tomato
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHot Springs, an alternative therapy
- Pass the alfalfa and celery in a blender with a little hot water (not boiling).
- Add the tomato, a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- You can serve in a bowl or bowl. In general, sprouts can be added to all kinds of soups, with the only precaution to add when the soup is already on the plate. Do not overcook the sprouts ever since the cooking takes away their quality of live food. Besides the potential of enzymes, vitamins and biological substances are reduced to practically zero.
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1 / 2 pounds of carrots
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups of defatted chicken broth
- pepper and tarragon to taste
- 2 1 / 4 cups of steamed rice prepared
- A little cream
- A few sprigs of parsley chopped finally
- Place in a pan spoon of margarine and sauté the carrots with ½ kg of minced onion. After you add the two cups of defatted chicken broth, season with pepper and tarragon and simmer for 10 min. Put in a blender until the desired texture, return to the pan, pour the two cups of remaining broth and add the two ¼ cups of steamed rice. Allow to cook until boiling. Garnish with a little cream and parsley.
- NOTE: This is a recipe is very nutritious and low in calories.
- 200 grs. Of barley
- 1 / 2 kg. of pumpkin
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 sprig of basil
- Salt and pepper: to taste
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALMexican Sauces, Seasonings and Moles recipes
- Soak the barley in cold water overnight. Peel and chop vegetables into small pieces. Brown the onion in oil then add the vegetables and sauté for about minutes.
- Add the drained barley, mix everything and add a quart and a half of warm water. Cook one hour at low heat and season to taste.
About the author
I love soup, I?m trying to encourage my family to eat more soups in their diet, because of the water content and well you can prepare them with a wide variety of ingredients like sprouts, vegetables, meat and more. I hope to put one of these recipes in practice tomorrow!
These soups sound absoslutely amazing!! I am visiting Nebraska this week, where I grew up, and suddenly, within ust a few hours the other day, the weather turned deathly cold. My buddy and I are looking for some good soup recipes to try out, so we’ll give these ones a shot and see how they fill us up.