If you are a vegetarian (or even if you do not) and do not know what to do on holiday dinner, here we share a whole menu with some of our recipes very easy to prepare and that will surprise even the most demanding guests.
December vegetarian “pozole”
Serves: 5 to 6
- 1 cup wheat (soaked overnight)
- 6 sweet corn, cleaned and shelled (or three cups of chickpeas)
- Red tomatoes 3 cups liquid
- 2/ 4 pound of whole mushrooms or fresh mushrooms. If they are very large, cut them into pieces that are not too small.
- 1 cup of jamaica flowers
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 to 3 guajillo chiles, roasted and stripped. Optional.
- Sea salt
- Vegetarian season
- 2 liters of water
- Juice of two lemons
- Garrison: finely chopped lettuce, radishes and onions or chopped, dried oregano, lemon. Cream or plain yogurt, toast, toasted bread or tortilla crisp Lebanese style. Avocado. Lemon.
- In a saucepan boil over high heat wheat. While it softens, liquefy the onion, garlic, tomatoes, sea salt, a pinch of vegetarian season, soy and chile (optional) with a dash of water.
- Fry the sauce for seasoning in a skillet for a few minutes. When the spices are ready, add the juice from the lemons. Once the sauce list, intangible to the boiling water with wheat. Add here the corn husking and let everything simmer until the corn is cooked.
- Once cooked the corn (or chickpeas), and wheat, add mushrooms and Jamaica. Try season salt to taste. Lower fire and let a few more minutes, then turn off and let it stand tightly covered.
Pozole with hot toast or toast
Put on the table all the other trimmings for guests to prepare the Pozole to their liking. I recommend putting a tablespoon of fresh lettuce, radishes, one onion, a pinch of oregano and a few slices of avocado. You can also add lemon or chile powder at Pozole. Use toast or toasts to spread cream, yogurt or avocado. A delight.
- 6tofucheese style
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 sprig of cilantro (washed) or minced
- 2 sheets of seaweed (for sushi)
- 3 tablespoons of sesame
- Olive oil(to taste)
- Soybean oil (to taste)
- Sea salt to taste
- Some drops of lemon juice
- Leave tofu in soy sauce for about 6 minutes each side. Once ready, crumb in lumps.
- Sauté oil, onion, coriander, salt. As part of the leaves into pieces or strips algae. Incorporate the algae along with the ingredients of the pan.
- Add a little olive oil and a few drops of lemon and off.
- Serve the mixture in an ovenproof glass and placed on top of tofu. Spread sesame seeds on top and get to dinner! You can accompany this dish with a salad of carrot and cabbage. (If you really want to give an original touch to the dish above, add a pinch of brown sugar to sprinkle the sesame)
Whole grain Crêpes
- 12 cups of flour
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 15 tablespoons of whey
- 2 cups of water
- A pinch of sea salt
- Accessories: cajeta, honey chopped nuts, chopped almonds, etc.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or mixer. In a pre-heated skillet add a tablespoon of butter. Lower heat to medium and add a ladle with a portion of the mix and move the pan so the mixture is spread to the edges and is very thin as a tortilla.
- When you see that the banks cooked (not browned), go off with sticks and give back to stew on the other side.
- Fold tortilla in three triangles and placed them on a plate, arranged as you prefer. Bathe with cajeta, natural jam, honey, molasses, etc. You can decorate with some chopped nuts, sesame, coconut or amaranth scratched. If you're serving this dish for children, you can use a little vanilla snow. If you'd rather use something more natural, one part banana slices and decorate it with the pancakes, you can also use strawberries, peaches and apples that are washed and disinfected well. Bathe the fruit with a molasses and you will see that delicious. Join this dessert with some hot tea for the guests to taste.