Published: 10/01/2008 - Updated: 05/29/2016
Author: Nayeli Reyes
Feeding babies in a healthy way is really very simple and even fun. It is important that the baby finds little taste for food, and mealtime does not become a battle later. From 4 months old, a baby can begin to enjoy new textures and flavors as well as experimenting with new techniques to eat, where the most recommended at the beginning are the hands , because the baby not only enjoys playing with the food and put in the mouths , but in doing so is taking its first " steps" to the spoon or fork.
Then we share six recipes for babies and toddlers which are actually very easy to prepare and nutritious. Take into account the age of introduction of food.
Tomato and Cauliflower Gratin
(nine to twelve months)
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 pounds of peeled tomatoes
- No seeds and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a steamer and cook for 12 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, add the tomatoes and sauté until they are crushed and smooth. Remove from heat and add the cheese, stirring constantly.
- Mix the cauliflower with tomato and cheese, then mix until desired consistency .
Vegetarian Bolognesi for Baby
(from one year)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALRecipes and food to strengthen memory
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons of grated carrot
- 1/4 pound of shredded vegetarian meat ( or ground )
- 1/2 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, peeled , seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 oz of spaghetti
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onion and celery and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and stir until browned. Stir in the tomato paste , tomatoes , and meat. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat , cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until meat is cooked through .
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil , add the spaghetti and cook until soft (about 10 minutes). Drain and chop into small pieces. Transfer the meat sauce to a blender and puree until smooth in texture before combining with pasta.
Cream of pumpkin soup with rice
(from nine months)
Yield: one to two servings
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALPasta, low-fat recipes
- 250g of Pumpkin
- 100 grams of potatoes
- 100 grams of onion
- 1 tablespoon of cooked rice
- Olive oil
- Sauté the onion with the oil and add the pumpkin and cut potatoes into small cubes.
- Add the rice and cover with boiling water.
(four to six months)
One to two servings
- 1/2 pounds of carrots or any other root vegetable : squash, sweet potato , or parsnip ) If you want you can also use some fruit and make fruit puree .
- Cut the vegetables (or fruit) into small pieces and steam.
- Serve warm .
Spinach with white sauce
(after nine months)
Yield: one serving
- Half cup of spinach, well washed and disinfected .
- A drizzle of olive oil.
- Two tablespoons of natural yogurt .
Cook the steamed spinach.
- Once ready , add a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and yogurt .
- Serve warm.
About the author