Published: 07/01/2008 - Updated: 09/08/2018
Author: Nayeli Reyes
If children are accustomed from small to have a healthy and well balanced diet, you are not only giving them a greater opportunity to feel healthy, full of energy and with creativity, but we are transmitting a food culture which really will benefit in every way throughout their life.
Remember that children and babies have a virgin palate, i.e., we can cultivate it. This is one of the great opportunities to get used to the taste to eat as healthy as possible, avoiding at all costs too much spice or sweeten. If you believe that milk does not taste like anything, or apples or lettuce has a bland taste, you should know that your baby does not know this.
Allow infants and toddlers savor the food as natural as possible, help them have a healthy palate avoiding all those canned goods and with too much sugar and preservatives. If you already are a vegetarian, you have an advantage in this.
(From 6 months)
- 2 tablespoons of powdered milk (preferably soy)
- Raisins to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cheese (can be tofu)
- A medium apple
- Brown sugar or honey
- Peel nicely apple and cook with raisins, a little sugar and little water as possible.
- Add milk powder and cook a few more minutes, crushing the apple until it looks like a puree.
- Give warm to the baby.
(From 12 months)
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALPhytomedicine: Past and Present
- 1 tub of cream cheese
- 2 tubs of oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 dash of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Beat the egg with the milk.
- Add the grated cheese before.
- Add the oats and then the grated onion and salt.
- Stir well.
- Form patties and grill them with a little oil.
- To prevent breakage let crisp up on one side before turning them over.
Breakfast with pita bread and yoghurt
(10 months and older)
- 2 teaspoons of yogurt
- Honey to taste
- 3 teaspoons of any fruit
- 2 tsp of cereal (rice or oatmeal)
- A party pita bread into four equal pieces
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALYerba Mate: Preparation, Properties and more
- Stir everything except the pita bread.
- On each piece of bread, spread this mixture.
- Cover after like pancakes.
- Put some honey on top and decorate with raisins or fresh strawberries with brown sugar.
Spinach and mushroom stew
(For babies a year and a half or two)
- 3 handfuls of chickpeas
- 2 carrots
- 1 large potato
- Half can of crushed tomatoes
- Half onion
- A clove of garlic
- Half bag of spinach
- 7 or 8 normal mushrooms
- A vegetable broth
- salt, brown sugar and pepper ( as little as possible )
- Soak the chickpeas a day earlier.
- Chop onion and garlic finite. Fry.
- Meanwhile, cut the carrots into thin slices.
- Put them after the onions and garlic.
- Clean the mushrooms. Do not cut, add them to the sauce and let it reduce water from the mushrooms .
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper, and reduce again.
- Meanwhile, take away the little tails to spinach .
- Once the tomatoes are ready, add a potato into cubes and stir well .
- Pour water and boil.
- Wash the chickpeas and pour the boiling mixture .
- Wait until the vegetables are cooked. A few minutes before turning off, add the spinach. Try not to overcook the vegetables.
Bread with baked vegetables and pine nut sauce
(For small a year on)
- A ½ onion
- 7 or 8 mushrooms
- A little bit of broccoli
- Carrots and squash
- Romero, wholewheat flour, salt and pepper
- Pita bread
- Chop vegetables into cubes and threw them in boiling water for 8 minutes, so they are tender.
- Heat oven meantime.
- Drain the vegetables and put them in the oven sprinkle rosemary for 20 minutes at 200 º.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion half with pine nuts (careful not to burn) and when cooked, add a tablespoon of flour.
- Stir and pour milk to make a béchamel.
- Once the béchamel take consistency, add salt, pepper and some cheese for added flavor. Even you can add more rosemary to the sauce.
- Toast bread and cut diagonally.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and put it in the middle of the loaves (a presentation , which they say).
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and put them on a tray.
- Put some of the sauce on top. This dish is laborious , but quite rich.
About the author