Published: 12/20/2005 - Updated: 06/07/2017
Author: Nayeli Reyes
The majority of Christmas menus are designed for people who eat meals like ordinary Americans. But … What happens when you cannot do it because your diet is vegetarian? We offer a vegetarian menu for Christmas dinner, a Christmas to live more in tune with the spirit of Christmas, less consumerist and more healthy.
- 200 gr of peeled almonds
- 100 gr. Of bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1.5 l. of cold water
- 2 dl. Of olive oil
- 2 soupspoons of vinegar
- Place the pan with the soaking water. Grind the almonds with the garlic, the bread crumbs moistened with water, vinegar and a pinch of salt until a white paste.
- Add oil gradually and ride like a mayonnaise. Finally add water gradually until a thin cream (according to taste).
- Strain and serve well chilled together with peeled grapes or melon or almonds balls.
- a cup of vegetable soybean peeled
- a cup of fine whole grain flour
- one tablespoon of gluten
- A tablespoon of oregano, a teaspoon of turmeric, sea salt, ginger and paprika
- olive oil
- Oil to brush
- Three Onions
- Wash soybeans and leave to soak the night before, using a piece of Kombu seaweed and bay leaf. Boil soybeans with a pinch of baking soda. Get 10 cups of water for soy and boil two hours.
- Crush with a little hot water for cooking, add the flour and remaining seasoning, we obtain a mass that do not adhere to the hands.
- Stretch the dough with a roller and cut like Milanese, put on an oven tray with butter, place the onion rings in the holes of the tray, brush the Milanese with oil and put in oven and heat when golden on one side were turned, if desired they can be cast at the moment with chopped garlic and natural parsley sauce.
- Serve hot with onion browned on top.
Champagne sorbet with strawberries
- 2 ½ cups of champagne
- 2 cups of granulated cane sugar
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of strawberries sliced
- Put three quarters of champagne in a saucepan and bring to boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Heat the sugar and water gently until the sugar has dissolved, boil for 20 minutes until caramelized.
- Remove from heat. Add the champagne and the juice and leave to cool.
- Pour the mixture into a plastic container and freeze.
- This takes many hours (preferably the night before).
- Pour ice cream into very cold water with a processor and beat until smooth power. Return it to the freezer and allow getting hard. When serving, garnish with sliced strawberries.
- 2 eggplants
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- A little bit of oil
- Cut the stem of eggplants and cut them in half lengthwise. Make cuts on the inside, without breaking the skin, and season with salt. Drain upside down on an absorbent cloth.
- Empty eggplants with a knife and chop the meat. Be careful not to break the skin. Preheat oven to 200 º C. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and skip the skin of the eggplant for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and arrange in a baking dish upright.
- Then skip the beef and onions and eggplants for about 7 minutes, adding a little more oil if necessary. Add tomatoes and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes more. Put the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the stuffed skins of the eggplant and cover with bread crumbs and a little oil. Take the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until the skin of the eggplant is tender and the filling is golden on top.
About the author