Different vegetarian recipes. All are vegan, with no animal products. We hope that will facilitate and enrich your vegetarianism.
Cous cous with vegetables
Ingredients for four people:
- 1 / 2 cauliflower
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 / 2 broccoli
- 2 artichokes
- 3 mushrooms
- 2 cups of cous cous
- 2 and a half glass of water
- cumin powder
- pine nuts (optional)
- Cut carrots into small and thin dice, onions, cauliflower, broccoli, artichokes and mushrooms too, making sure using the harder vegetables first.
- Sauté everything and add the cumin, pine nuts and salt.
- In a saucepan, boil 2 and a half cups of water. When the boiling water, add the cous cous in a pot of vegetables and mix with the purpose of the semolina browned a little. Then add the boiling water in a pot with other ingredients and put out the fire.
- The cous cous was just done with heat and water. Let rest a bit and grind some salt and cumin.
- Any vegetables athome: garlic, onions, carrots, peas, green pepper, red pepper, broccoli, leek, celery, turnip, tomato, potato, zucchini...
- Herbs: chopped parsley, chives, bay leaves, paprika, ground pepper, nutmeg.
- oil and salt
- Peel and cut the vegetables into pieces that we have at home.
- Sautee in the pan with a little oil and salt. Give them a few turns with a wooden spoon to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- Remove the pot from the fire, add some pepper and stir a little to distribute well. Careful not to burn.
- Add the remaining spices and cover with water. Boil on low heat or put the pressure cooker, until vegetables are tender.
- If the soup is too watery, you can take a few spoonfuls of vegetables through the blender and add to the soup.
Correct salt and serve very hot.
Spinach with chickpeas and tomatoes
- chopped onion
- chopped garlic
- natural or crushed Spices to taste
- oil and salt
- Wash the spinach leaves and place them in a little boiling water with salt. If frozen, boil directly, only a few minutes, until slightly soft but not too much.
- Meanwhile, boil the chickpeas well, having had to soak the night before.
- In a skillet with some oil, stir-fry to go throwing garlic, onions, peppers, in this order, browning. Remove from the heat, take a spoonful of sweet paprika, mix well so as not to burn, add tomatoes peeled and chopped very small, or a can of crushed tomatoes.
- Pour spinach, chickpeas and spices that you like (pepper, cumin,) and put it all to simmer, covered, so the broth is consumed and the flavors are taken.
Salad of Sweet Apple and Pear
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 / 2 red onion
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- lettuce or spinach leaves, oil and salt
- In a skillet heat a little oil and add the onion, to strip, and sweet potato peeled and cut into small pieces. Cook stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the apple and pear, also with dice, and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring every now and with great care not to break them.
- Put in a dish fruit mixture over the leaves.
Red bean salad with olive pate
- Mixed lettuce leaves (iceberg, oak leaves, chicory, baby green leaf and red rocket, canons)
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300 gr. of cooked red beans
- 50 gr. Of sweet corn
- 20 black olives
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Peel carrot and cut into longitudinal slices and keep in cold water.
- Crush garlic in mortar with a few grains of salt. Add the olives and the oil and grind until a fine paste.
- Wash lettuce and cut by hand, to avoid the dark.
- Mix the drained cooked beans and the corn.
- Mount fund by placing a plate of lettuce leaves. On them in the center, the mixture of corn and beans, flavoring the sauce with whole olives.
- Finally, the plate is decorated with strips of carrot reserved before.
- 250 grs. of wheat flour
- 125 grs. of brown sugar
- 250 grs. Of vegetable margarine
- 1 and a half packet of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of chickpeas flour dissolved in water
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- juice and grated lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix in a large bowl flour, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and yeast.
- Dissolve in chickpea flour in some water (a cup approx.).
- Heat a little margarine and add to bowl with flour dissolved, the juice and grated lemon. Mix everything well.
- Fill the muffin molds with the mixture until the half.
- Preheat the oven and put the muffins. Bake at 200 º C for about 20 minutes.