Published: 01/22/2009 - Updated: 07/18/2016
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
The urotherapy, also known as uropathy, refers to the practice of healing through the application or ingestion of urine with medical or cosmetic purposes. But do not run away! This alternative to the health of time may not seem attractive or even repulsive, true, especially when it comes to drink urine to heal. But before considering ruling out the idea with severity, look the countless benefits that this really great therapy has given many people since ancient times.
You know, first of all, this therapy has been used in many ancient cultures, not only to cure but to prevent many illnesses and beautify the body. In Rome, for example, there was a tradition of using urine to whiten teeth, in India, among other uses, the urine is used for massaging the skin to heal and embellish it, and in other cultures such as China, the face of babies are washed with urine to protect skin. The French, on the other hand, soak in urine the wound around their necks to cure strep pharyngitis, while the Aztecs used urine to clean external wounds and prevent infection.
Anyway, we could follow citing their use in history, but for now we will concentrate on how this is done and medicinal uses given to this healing water.
Why urine is healing?
Because urine works like a vaccine, since the urine is not a liquid of waste materials, as it is expelled by the intestines, but is a result of fluid filtration from the blood, so that this becomes a kind of serum or amniotic fluid. So first bias removed, the urine is not made of things which are not, but the recollection of excess hormones, enzymes and amino acids that can be re-used by the body.
Urine contains many elements that may be of great benefit to the body as set forth below:
- Dissolves any obstructions of blood and cures heart disease or defect in the bloodstream.
- It has important functions such as the formation of protein and help to promote good growth of bone.
- It dissolves excess fat.
- Contains a growth factor of the skin (EGF), which helps rebuild and play injured cells or organisms.
- It contains prostaglandin, a group of essential fatty acids that exist widely in the body (even in sperm, menstrual blood and amniotic fluid). This factor stimulates the muscles and the digestive system among other things.
- Strengthens the immune system significantly, contains immunoglobulin, which is responsible for creating antibodies for protection against viruses, bacteria and poisons.
- It works as a painkiller because it is rich in endorphins, a hormone that is produced mainly in the brain and is highly effective for pain control.
- Contains SPU Hormone, a hormone that coordinates various hormones that are produced in one night while sleeping. This hormone, in small quantities, coordinates and standardizes the imbalance between body and mind and helps resuscitate.
- Urine contains anti-carcinogenic substances. These substances inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells and function in transformed malignant cells healthy.
How is it performed?
The Urotherapy involves giving the patient a dose of his/her own urine. And there are many ways to do this. One and the most common is to use the first half liters of fresh urine in the morning, i.e. not the first sediment contains many of the food before, but the second, after drinking some juice or tea. This will be used to drink urine and maintain health. This can be done in many ways, some urine mixed with juice, honey with herbal teas or infusions of medicinal plants to increase their potential direct or mitigate the taste of urine.
Taste of the urine varies with the power of it. Here you can also know the health status of the person. For example, when the urine is very concentrated and has a strong odor and color, is that a high intake of salt or processed products (not fresh), especially cheese, fats and refined sugars. You may also be due to a low intake of water, so the chemicals are concentrated in the urine.
We recommend urine every day and fasting.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALTofu Recipes
Cataplasm applications with the urine are effective in treating:
- Skin Diseases.
- Joint problems (arthritis), by massage or urine applications with cataplasm mud and applied to swollen joints, pain, or if rheumatic fever.
- Vaginal infections (through the vagina or uterus washes)
- Affections of the intestine, mouth, nose, ears and eyes.
- Used as a shampoo or rinse for scalp infections and abscesses of the head, so as to prevent hair loss.
- Prevent and combat skin allergies.
- To prevent cramps, varicose veins and in cases of muscle pain.
- Through gargle will relieve problems of the throat and tonsils.
About the author