Published: 03/31/2011 - Updated: 10/21/2018
Typhoid fever (also called enteric fever) is an infectious disease caused by bacteria called Salmonella typhi (Eberth bacillus), which is transmitted by fecal-oral route through food or water contaminated with manure.
How is a spread?
When the bacteria enters through the digestive tract and reaches the intestine, where it finally passes into the blood. When this occurs, causes what is known as bacteremia, and hence can reach various organs and cause inflammation or necrosis due to the release of endotoxins. At the end, the bacteria are eliminated by faeces.
- Low or weak immune system
- Poor nutrition or neglect diet
- In children, environments where there is much tension or pressure, emotionally heated environments
- Stress and pressure, which significantly lower the body's defense system
- Frequent anger or frustration
- A poor hygiene in the home or when preparing food
- Contaminated water
- Fever, which increases progressively and usually lasts between 10 to 15 days and can reach 39 or 40 ° C
- Headache or stomach ache
- Stupor or excessive sweating
- Gastroenteritis, like vomiting or nausea
- Ulcers on the palate
- Roseola (rash) in the womb
- Swelling of the nasal mucosa
- Diarrhea or constipation
It is important to treat this condition appropriately from the first symptoms; we must pay special attention to children. No doubt that prevention it’s always so there is a special vaccine against typhoid fever.
Many of the drugs used to treat this condition are very aggressive with the intestinal flora, so make everything possible to treat this condition naturally. You should remember at all times that the body can self-heal and self-repair itself, if we act wisely and promptly giving the necessary elements, the body does not only heal but will strengthen the immune system.
Diet is undoubtedly one of the key factors to treat this condition. So here is a nutritional guide for you to avoid and eliminate these bacteria.
Foods to avoid
In this case, it is necessary to take radical measures and eliminate the food that only spread infections and prevent the immune system to get strengthened from the diet as soon as possible. These foods are:
- White sugar is bad for the body but especially when you have infections. You have to remove from the diet sodas, cookies, ketchup, canned and everything that contains it. Don’t use light products with chemicals that are added as none of them are convenient. You should avoid sweeten things, use a little honey which has disinfectant and antibiotic properties.
- Bakery and refined products: these only clog the intestine and don’t allow free disposal of wastes and toxins. You have to replace them with whole grains.
- Cow's milk and dairy products: This product sticks to the intestinal lining preventing absorption of nutrients and toxic waste and bacteria can’t be eliminated and evacuated. It also contains an enzyme bad for the human digestive system, so it is very indigestible and generates many complications in the body.
- Fried, sausages, meat and products with added sugar: all prevent a deep cleansing of the body.
Foods you should include
- Garlic: natural antibiotic, it is also bactericidal and has powerful cleansing properties.
- Onion: very similar properties to garlic.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon and fresh fruits especially citrus
- Raw vegetables, perfectly washed and disinfected
- Steamed Vegetable Soups
- Fish or chicken, steamed or grilled, not fried.
If a child has more than 4 years or less than 16, the diet to follow is:
FASTING: half a lemon squeezed dissolved in half a glass of warm water (not sweetened with anything) or freshly squeezed orange juice. Pineapple or papaya (choose only one) into pieces and with a little lemon juice and salt.
BETWEEN MEALS: Offer a salad or carrot or cucumber juice.
FOOD: steaming vegetable soup, miso soup, chicken or fish with brown rice, brown rice with vegetables. At this time, give him/her a piece of garlic clove with a glass of warm water. In the case of young children, tell them it's their natural medicine, you can add crushed garlic and lemon to avoid flavor of garlic.
DINNER: bowl of oatmeal, rice pudding, vegetable broth with rice, salad, apple, peach or pear. Coconut water is excellent. You can put salt or lemon on top for garnish.
BEFORE SLEEP: give another little piece of garlic with lemon drops. Do not give fruit juice and garlic.
General Notes: you should drink two liters of water a day, you can prepare liquids with sugar and salt in case of diarrhea, which are made by mixing one cup of warm water with a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of sea salt. If desired, add the juice of a squeezed lemon. This remedy will delight young and it's great to soothe the stomach and alleviate diarrhea.
Remember that it is very important now to maintain good hydration.
The diet of adults may be very similar to this, but the adult diet is recommended after a three-day cleansing diet consuming only papaya or pineapple and two liters of water with two glasses of serum suggested to the children.
Other essential remedies for a complete cure
- The child, youth or adult should rest as much as possible, avoiding any tension or pressure, sleep as long as possible.
- For children, you should try to avoid seeing the TV, better to be around them by telling stories or talking. At this time the young need a lot of emotional contact.
- Fever: apply wet towels in cold water in the area of the abdomen. This is an excellent natural remedy for fever in children.
- Home hygiene and food preparation: Disinfect everything very well and boil the water. This is necessary to avoid infection with siblings and others.
- Do not go outside, stay at home and in a special room, well ventilated and hygienic, changing sheets every day if possible.
- If there is constipation, offer flaxseed dissolved in vegetable juice or smoothie.
- Avoid home visits at this time.
- And finally, take this time to talk with yourself (if you're the one suffering) or your little sick child. The disease is a moment that "removes" us somehow of the world, perhaps because we have to calm certain feelings or things that we dislike. Take the opportunity to recognize what you do not like and to seek a harmonious solution.