Published: 12/22/2010 - Updated: 02/24/2018
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
The turkey is a food that is usually eaten in various parts of the world at Christmas dinner. This can be filled in many forms and with a variety of ingredients, here are some delicious recipes for stuffing the turkey, we chose the richest, most original and easier to surprise your guests at Christmas.
Turkey stuffed with minced fruit
(for a turkey of about 7 kilos)
- 1 / 4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 300 grams of ground beef
- 300 grams of ground pork
- 3 roasted tomatoes, peeled and mashed
- 1 / 2 tablespoon of chopped basil
- 50 grams of chopped citron
- 50 grams of raisins
- 50 oz. of peeled and chopped almonds
- 50 grams of chopped walnuts
- 50 grams of peeled pine nuts
- 1 / 2 cup of red wine
- 1 / 2 cinnamon stick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil and fry the onions and garlic. Add the meat and brown very well. Pour the tomato and basil, stirring with a wooden paddle. When the tomato color changes, incorporate all the other ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stuff the turkey and prepare according to the recipe, put it in a preheated oven at 180 º C. Allow 35 minutes per kilo, including also the weight of the fill.
Turkey stuffed with nuts and olives
- 100 grs. of butter
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cups of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning
- 1 / 2 cup of broth or white wine
- 1 / 2 cup of chopped parsley
- ½ cup of olives stuffed with pimento
- It is prepared like the last recipe, but fry the onion and celery, add 1 cup chopped nuts.
- When you add the wine, add 1 / 2 cup pimento-stuffed olives in thin slices.
Turkey stuffed with dried fruit
- 1 turkey of 2 kg approx.
- 50 grams of pine nuts
- 200 g of dried apricots
- 100 g of raisins soaked
- 150 g of pitted prunes
- 100 gr of peeled and chopped walnuts
- 2 onions
- 2 apples
- 3 carrots
- 1 head of garlic
- 300 gr of onions
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of brandy
- 1 cup of white wine
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Oil, salt and pepper.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALAzukis Recipes
- Last night, put a glass of brandy inside the turkey and store in refrigerator. Peel and chop the onions and apples.
- Sauté in a pan with onion and oil. Add apples and nuts. Cook for 5 minutes and include cinnamon and a glass of brandy. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Spray the inside of turkey with remaining brandy and fill with stewed dried fruit. Sew the opening of turkey with a long needle.
- Brush turkey with oil, season to taste and put in a dish with herbs, garlic, broth and wine. Bake for an hour and a half.
- Go watering with liquid to refresh the turkey.
- Cook vegetables separately for 10 minutes. Drain and add to the source where the turkey is roasting 30 minutes before cooking is finished. And presto!
Turkey stuffed with apple
- 1 turkey of about 2 kg.
- 2 golden apples
- 5 pitted prunes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 dl of sherry
- 1 dl of water
- 1 dl of olive oil
- 1 pinch of thyme
- Black pepper
- Clean the turkey inside and out. Clean inside taking a damp cloth or paper and removing membranes, etc. Fill the interior of the turkey with apples without the skin and heart, broken in quarters, along with the plums that we have to soak with water an hour before.
- Close inside the turkey with a stick and tie its legs, so it does not open, while grilling.
- In a mortar, crush the garlic until it is completely workable; add the sherry, water and olive oil, some salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place turkey on the source. Aplly a little olive oil and sprinkle with one third of the mixture we have prepared in the mortar, the rest aside.
- Put the turkey in the preheated oven and bake at a temperature between 180 and 200 º C. Occasionally, sprinkle with the mixture we have prepared in the mortar, so that the bottom is also crisp. Whenever we see that the turkey can be dry, sprinkle it with the mixture.
- When it’s done, place the turkey in a dish, remove the strings that have bound feet and is served with a garnish (whole roast potatoes, applesauce).
- Accompany the juice that has dropped the roast turkey served in a sauce plate.
Turkey with vine and apple
- Turkey: 1 large (3 kilos)
- French Onion: 12 units
- Pippin Apples: 4 small
- Peeled Chestnut: 8 units
- Prunes: 10 units
- Herbs: 1 bunch
- Wine: 1 cup
- Cognac: 1 cup
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Oil: 1 dash
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALtepezcohuite-1
- Empty and clean the turkey making sure that has no impurities
- Fill the turkey with onions, apples, chestnuts, plums and aromatic herbs
- Once completed, it is sewn, is salted and sealed in oil
- Wrap in a foil sure that it covers the whole cooked turkey and all over without burning because it is a very sensual piece
- Bake for 2 hours at an average temperature of 180-200º, trying to turn around every half hour to bake.
- After this time, if meat is still hard must cook more time.
- When the turkey is very tender take out the foil and bake a little longer for the skin is nicely browned.
- Finally, remove from oven and place in large bowl. Fruits are removed carefully filling and laying around to decorate and to cut the turkey without difficulty. It is served hot.
About the author
Well Christmas is far away but I think that turkey can be an amazing dinner even in other seasons or days, so maybe I would try it next weekend because I have a family dinner and it would be amazing if I can surprise all the family! Thanks for the recipes!
Oh my gosh these recipes sound so amazing!! I can’t wait to try them, and I’m so bummed that I found these recipes after thanksgiving and christmas have passed, but they’ll be great next year! I’ve been experimenting with holiday cooking, and this year I actually stuffed the turkey with stuffing, and it was fantastic, I’m excited to try the apples though!!