It’s not a well known plant and is rarely used, but surely you've ever been in front of its yellow flowers. With the tuber, you can prepare many dishes, also has interesting properties, is an excellent diuretic and contains protein, fiber and various vitamins and minerals. They do not contain starch and has a slightly sweet flavor. If you use it, try taking it with a teaspoon of olive oil extra-virgin for better use, as it can cause gas. You can use in soups, rice dishes as you use ginger.
Here are some recipes:
Jerusalem artichokes pudding
- 1 ½ pounds of Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 cups of thick white sauce, yogurt or buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- Salt, pepper
- Cook Jerusalem artichokes until the skin gets white, drain, peel, mash with a fork, and put on the white sauce with seasonings.
- Separately beat the egg yolks and egg whites, put them together and add to the above.
- Grease a pan, cover and cook in a double boiler. You can also make them in the oven.
Jerusalem artichokes soup with rice
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter or corn oil
- 1 onion, finally chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 750 g of shredded Jerusalem artichokes
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- In a saucepan, heat the butter or oil, and sauté onion and garlic, until onion gets soft.
- Add the tubers and cook for 3-4 minutes. Pour the chicken broth until the Jerusalem artichokes is tender, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the solids from the soup and puree in a food processor or blender, then pass through a sieve to remove the remaining brown skin.
- Return the puree to the liquid, stir to mix.
- Add the rice.
- When done, garnish the soup with fresh cilantro or parsley. Serve hot.
Jerusalem artichokes with cheese and buttermilk
- 800 grs. Of Jerusalem artichokes
- 50 oz. of unsalted butter
- 1 / 2 cup of cream or liquid buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBurn fat
- Scrape and thoroughly wash the Jerusalem artichokes. Place in a pot with boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. Drain, peel and slice them completely.
- Put the butter in the casserole until melted, place the slices of Jerusalem artichokes. Add salt and pepper and let cook until tender, watering, from time to time, with liquid buttermilk or cream.
- Stir gently from time to time, and once finished cooking, off the heat, sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 7-8 minutes until cheese is melted a bit. Serve in the same container used for cooking.
Jerusalem artichokes paste
- 300 g of cooked and peeled Jerusalem artichokes
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chopped Jerusalem artichokes along with the rest of the ingredients in food processor, make a paste and sprinkle with soy sauce and sesame seeds.
Salad of Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 fresh red tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil extra virgin
- One cup of artichoke hearts
- 3 cups soybean sprouts
- Some Jerusalem artichokes
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALYerba Mate: Preparation, Properties and more
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and mix them in a salad with artichoke hearts and soybeans.
- Cook the Jerusalem artichokes with skin, season with oil, lemon or mayonnaise (optional) and add to salad. Add more oil and lemon.
About the author