Tofu is made by curdling soymilk, which is also known by the name of tofu. It is whitish, not just taste and smell, just the ingredients that go with it. This quality makes it ideal to be used in many recipes, desserts, salads and a multitude of ways. It is a food rich in vegetable proteins.
Tofu Oriental style
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 / 2 kg. of tofu
- frying oil (preferably olive)
- A tablespoons of spicy mustard
- A big spoonful of Gomashio (toasted sesame seeds and salt, ground together)
- The grated rind of a lemon (if possible organic agriculture)
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- two or three tablespoons of olive oil
To fry the tofu cubes:
- 60 grams of wheat flour
- An egg
- Two teaspoons of oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- half a glass of mineral water
- Mix all ingredients until a paste consistency and homogeneous.
- Then cut the tofu into cubes about one inch square and let marinate in the sauce bathing well overnight.
- The next day, mix the ingredients to the batter and leave the preparation for an hour at least.
- Then go removing the tofu cubes without removing it from marinade, dip in batter and fry in a pan with very hot oil.
- As done, deposit them on kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
Vegetables and tofu brochettes
- 1 package of smoked tofu cut into dice,
- mushrooms washed, whole and big
- red peppers, cut into squares
- zucchini cut into thin slices
- wooden skewers of medium size.
- mineral water
- sea salt
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- oil for frying
- Toggle Wooden sticks in raw vegetables and cubes of smoked tofu.
- Prepare the frying dough, mix the ingredients and adding the necessary water, until a thick paste. Leave it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Heat oil, with a depth of 4 cm. To check temperature, pour a drop of the paste in oil, this should sink and then reappear on the surface without smoke.
- Immerse each brochette in the mixture and then into the hot oil. Fry until each brochette is a golden color and is crisp.
- Serve immediately on a plate with lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, cucumber and grated carrot.
Pate of tofu and nuts
- ½ block of fresh tofu
- 4 tablespoons of toasted and chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of white miso
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped chives
- 1 celery and 1 carrot
- Boil the tofu with a little water for 10 minutes. Take it out immediately and make puree with walnuts and miso, until a creamy consistency.
- Add finely chopped chives and chopped walnuts.
- Serve with celery and carrots cut into strips.
Tofu sautéed with vegetables
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 2 Broccolis
- 1 / 2 block of tofu
- 1 / 2 Onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 g. of cabbage
- 2 carrots
- Cut onion into slices, cut garlic (smaller or larger depending on taste), the broccoli and carrots, cut into strips, cabbage is cut very thin and the tofu cubes.
- Warm oil (olive of course) in a large skillet, heat the oil and cast the garlic, then onions, 5 minutes for the broccoli and carrots. A few minutes after cabbage, and finally the tofu.
- Skip all, we miss a bit of shoyu soy sauce and ready to eat.
- If all went well, the vegetables are crisp and juicy.
Salad with marinated tofu
- 1 block of fresh tofu cut into cubes
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- garlic to taste.
- 1 lettuce
- a cucumber
- fresh fennel
- cooked and raw chopped parsley
- Mix all ingredients in a ceramic or glass. Allow the tofu macerate for a few hours.
- Next, prepare the salad. To do this thoroughly wash and chop the ingredients as you prefer. Add two or three tablespoons of cooked corn and a handful of chopped raw parsley. Then, drain the tofu and mix with salad.
- Finally, we can use the juice of the macerated to dress the salad. Serve.
The best of Soya recipes
Products related with Tofu Recipes
You have not found what you were looking for?