The climate has always changed, the climate change problem is that in the last century, the pace of these changes has been greatly accelerated, and the trend is that this acceleration will be exponential if measures are not put. In seeking the cause of this acceleration, it was found that there was a direct link between global warming or climate change and rising emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs) caused by industrialized societies.
If global development, population growth and energy consumption based on fossil fuels continues to increase at the current pace, by 2050 CO2 concentrations will have doubled compared to those before the industrial revolution. The present century is expected that the global temperature increase between 1 and 5 º C. Increasing in temperature above 2 º C may induce rapid responses, and nonlinear contingencies that could trigger significant damage to ecosystems.
Tips climate change mitigation
What you can do for climate change in:
- Air Conditioner
- By putting the washing machine or dishwasher adjusted to optimize the capacity of programs and low temperature. - Save energy and your clothes will last longer.
- Choosing energy saving light bulbs. -Consume 80% less energy and last 8 times more. In short, a low-light W 11-15 throughout its life can save about 68 euros. Also avoids the emission of nearly half a tonne of CO2.
- At the time of purchasing an appliance, look at energy and water they consume and choose the classification of A. (LINK)
- Defrost the fridge before the ice-frost-3mm thickness range: you can save up to 30%. Set the thermostat to maintain a temperature of 6 º C in the cooling compartment and -18 ° C in freezing.
While you wash your teeth or soaping in the shower close the faucet.
- Shut down the computer and display at lunch and at the end of the day. Use equipment with low power consumption, such as Energy Star labeled
- Program on your computer screen to turn off when not in use, it will appear in the options screen protection.
- Turn off the lights when you leave the office. Do not turn on the lights you're not using.
- Recycle and reuse paper. Reuse the faces of the white paper. Photocopy and print on both sides. Available on the market copiers and printers that allow it.
By car, if you travel less than 3 km., you pollute more because the engine is cold, and burning is not optimal.
Seek to transfer by public transport: trains or buses. For short distances you can use the bike, if not dangerous, the exercise will keep you in shape.
- If you really need the car, coordinate with family or friends to go together by car.
- Turn off the engine if you're stopped or waiting more than 30 seconds.
- Check tire pressure, as a minimum difference with the right thing can increase fuel consumption by about 5%.
Regulate the air conditioning:
- For every 1 º C increase in summer can save between 6-7% of energy to adjust the air conditioning thermostat at 25 ° C.
- For every 1 º C decrease in winter can save between 6-7% of energy to lower the heating thermostat to 19 º
- 20 º C. In any case a difference with the outside temperature exceeds 12 º C is not healthy.
- Install awnings, close the curtains and run during the day, avoid heating the house.
- Ventilate the house or when the air is cooler go to street (early morning and at night).
- A fan, preferably of roof may be sufficient to maintain an adequate comfort.
If necessary install an air conditioner, keep in as much as follows:
- Energy labeling appliances with Class A are the most suitable.
- Set the cooling temperature at 25 º.
- Close windows and doors, while you have the air conditioning on.
- Place the appliance in such a way that gives the sun as little as possible and that there is good air circulation.
- Turn on when the air conditioner does not set the thermostat at a lower temperature than usual: donot cool the house faster and could lower the temperature, causing unnecessary expense and possible colds.
- Isolate the house or building, lower the blinds and at night, closing the curtains will prevent heat loss.
- Down the heating thermostat to 19 º and 20 º C is more than enough to be comfortable. While not in areas, turn off heat. To maintain 10 min. open windows and get a proper ventilation that saves energy.
- Tip: when buying an electrical appliance energy label always look the same, and if the budget allows, buy a Category A. Eventually, our pocketbook and the environment will thank us for it.
The energy label is mandatory in refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, washing machines and electric dryers. We report the energy efficiency of these devices, consumption, performance, capacity, noise, etc. These tags can serve us very helpful to decide between one model or another. Many times the price of an item cannot be as important as the consumption during its lifetime, since the low in a short time can recoup the higher price usually associated with more efficient appliances.
There are 7 classes ranging from energy A (more efficient) to G (less efficient) in terms of electricity consumption.
Attention! You can only compare the labels of the same group of appliances. That means that a refrigerator of a given type can only be compared with another of the same type.
Tags to express the energy performance of appliances, must be followed by a strip in which are the specific values, such as the arrow with the letter, consumption, capacity, noise, etc.
The best of Environment
You have not found what you were looking for?