Desserts are always a good ending for all of our meals, however in many cases they are high in calories and so we deprive ourselves of them. Since our table would not be the same without a delicious dessert , today we propose delicious and varied options that are very light, low in calories and full of flavor especially to close any meal in the best way.
1. Oatmeal with orange and nuts
- 4 Tbsp. of Whipping cream
- 1 Orange
- 2 Tbsp. of Honey
- 1/3 cup of pistachios
- 8 small peaches
- 1/2 cup of organic oats falkes
- 500ml of light milk
- Cook the oatmeal with the milk until well hydrated and has a thick consistency (roughly 10 minutes).
- Peel the oranges, removing all the skin and cutting into wedges.
- Place the cooked oatmeal into bowls and add the oranges.
- Chop pistachios roughly and sprinkle over the oatmeal.
- Add the finely chopped dried peaches.
- Mix whipping cream with honey and whisk until slightly thickened.
- Serve with whipped cream.
2. Apple Mousse
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp. of nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. of water
- 4 or 5 Apples
- 1 cup of Orange juice
- 3 Tsp. of Gelatin
- Green food colouring
- Sweetener (Sufficient amount)
- Peel apples, cut and remove the seeds and core.
- Cook apples in water until tender and reserve a few to garnish the dessert.
- Hydrate the gelatin with 50 ml. of Orange juice. When it has absorbed all the liquid and is fluffy, melt the gelatin in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Cool apples and liquefy to make a puree. Add the melted gelatin, orange juice, sweetener and incorporate everything together.
- Cool the preparation to allow it to form a thick consistency.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and add the green food coloring and nutmeg.
- Add apple mixture.
- Leave to cool until the mixture makes a thick, creamy consistency.
- Serve in cups or glasses and garnish with the remaining slices of apple.
3. Creamy Orange Jelly
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. of Lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. of water
- 75g of Sweetener
- 150g of Whipping cream
- 3 oranges
- 15g Of Gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. of Contreau (orange liqueur) *Optional
- Prepare a mold or soufflé pan, greasing with a little oil or butter and covering with wax paper on each side.
- Hydrate the gelatin with water and leave it to go fluffy/spongy. Dissolve in the microwave for a few seconds or cook in a bain-marie until it becomes liquid.
- Separate 4 eggs and keep the yolks and whites.
- Beat the egg yolks with the granulated zero calory sweetener until creamy and pale.
- Add orange juice, lemon juice (and orange liqueur or contreau if desired).
- Beat the separated egg whites until stiff.
- Combine the egg whites with the mixture of orange juice and egg yolks.
- Add whipping cream until it is smooth.
- Empty the preparation into the prepared mold and smooth the surface with a spatula to evenly distribute the preparation.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until firm.
About the author