Hypnosis is one of the most controversial in the area of science. The introduction of an outside influence on the subconscious of the person has unleashed all kinds of commentaries, there are those who are for and some against this, besides that there is much controversy about the ethical validity of this practice as it applies not only to psychological counseling, but in medicine. However, this alternative was indeed a valuable alternative for many people seeking balance and wellness in the physical, emotional and mental factor.
¿What is hypnosis?
In Wikipedia we find the following definition: Hypnosis is a physiological condition in which all people can be induced to show various differences in their thinking and behavior. Although some individuals experience an increase in suggestibility and subjective feelings of an altered state of consciousness, is not the same for each person.
Hypnosis has many branches, and this time we focus on the regressive and self-hypnosis.
Brian Weiss and regressive hypnosis
Regressive hypnosis, which has as one of its most important exponents Dr. Brian Weiss, is one of the alternatives used in transpersonal psychology. Regressive hypnosis, as its name suggests, encourage individuals to a reversal of events. It is intended that this type of hypnosis contact with the individual experiences that were not fully understood and that influence their life in a non-positive way. With this type of hypnosis the patient tries to understand the facts about the past experiences, to contact situations which caused much pain, confusion, fear or resentment, and find how to solve them by means of obtaining a clear vision and objective of the experiences that caused much pain, besides the release of emotions contained and stored for some time, that influence emotions, often so intense, in the present life.
How does regressive therapy works?
In this kind of hypnosis the therapist uses moments towards bringing the patient prior to this time, can be now, close to here and now, like a year or two, until moments away, as children, now or intrauterine even to more distant times, such as past lives or incarnations.
Freeing contained emotions
This practice is most extensive and complex and requires a degree of depth so that the therapist can actually achieve a successful outcome when applied. It is necessary that the therapist has cognitive behavioral psychology studies, knowing how to manage emotional reactions of the patient in an intelligent manner, then, during a session of regressive hypnosis, a patient might have discharge of anger, depression, crying, finally, all kinds of emotions that could be very powerful.
There are many types of self-hypnosis, which is obtained through personal, individual goals, but they could all end in a single common goal: to reduce tension and find a deep relaxation with mental physical and emotional factors.
How is this practice performed?
There are various techniques to obtain a state of hypnosis. One is finding a place as comfortable as possible and isolated from noise and distraction. It is important, if a noisy place, find some kind of very quiet music in which one can focus the attention. We must seek, in this place, a position where we feel really comfortable, it is best to be lying on a mattress.
Once ready, follow these steps:
- Extend the arm vertically with the closed fist and extended thumb will take you back to our head to follow with the eyes but without moving our neck.
- We must maintain this position until you feel tired enough to feel pleasure closing your eyes.
- At this point, you have to close the eyes and down arm.
- We need to repeat this with the other arm.
- After this, we will concentrate on breathing, feel like air in and out of our nose, without forcing it, without a deep breath, only to realize how the body is inflated to breathe and how to deflate to exhale.
- When you exhale, you have to think that all tension leaves the body. Repeat this until the body feels very relaxed.
- Now, we need to display a small illuminated area (from a color choice) which is lit in the heart, and begins to walk, very gently rolling each body part. First start by going to any side of the shoulders and climb up to the head, you have to feel like your wheel is light and warm the body part goes where. We must avoid doing so quickly, you have to do it as slowly as possible, paying attention to these body parts are often not noticed, as the roots of the scalp, neck, spine, and so on. We must see that the field of light is leaving "caught" with its color, all parts of the body through which.
- If there is some sick, weak or strained, it must stop and stay there until the light causes a pleasurable sensation.
- Finally, we must return the area to the heart, and then remove the body and imagine being in the sun, which melts all the tension and pain of body collection.
This meditation is excellent for the very tense, ill or depressed people.
About the author